Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Fiesta Zetec s tdci - Buying advice please :)

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Focus-Rob 
#1 ·
Evening Fella's

I have been to look at an [07] plate Fiesta Zetec s tdci today for her indoors. Overall the car was in great original condition with a good amount of options fitted, full leather, privacy glass, reverse sensors etc etc.

There were 2 issues i would like advise about before i go ahead and purchase.

1. There was a small oil leak from the sump area, not sure wether the fiests's suffer from the same issues as the Focus ST's with the oil filter diaphram? - Are there any common faults qoth oil leaks? (The garage said this would be rectified before sale)

2. When we pulled off for a test drive there was a cloud of blue smoke on acceleration, it cleared after around 30 secs of driving and even under load theee was no smoke once warmed. The car had been stood for a couple of weeks over christmas, i had it ticking over whilst looking round it and there was no smoke, even from the cold start up it was clear.

The link to the car.

http://finance.autoexposure.co.uk/cl...8396387_1a.jpg

I would appriciate any advice guys and gals :)

Thanks in advance,

Christian.

See less See more
#12 ·
Learnt to drive in one and I still remain to say if I had a few grand lying about I'd use the ST as the weekend car and the ZS as the daily hack. Fantastic little car to drive, simple bit of colour coding, side skirts and wheels makes it a FezST rep easily, really smart looking cars!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.