Ford Focus ST Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive decided next year Im going to relieve my youth and buy the very first car I ever owned a mk2 fiesta xr2 :) obviously it will take abit of saving to buy it as they have shot up in price. The question is do I buy a dog and make it lovely or do I save longer and buy a stunner. And what colour should I get Im thinking white for some reason. My one was painted mint green with the words minted on the rear bumper :facepalm:

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
Be more rewarding if you buy a dog and make it right Craig, but will be a money pit no doubt! Great little cars, it'd be a paris blue one for me I think!

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,334 Posts
White is good.

Do you have the time for a restoration project?

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
I bet youll get one and the memories will all return.including the realisation that the best memories are those not revisited.
Totally agreed. I absolutely loved my 205 1.9 Gti.

I was lucky enough to drive one a couple of weeks ago and it was nothing like I remembered it. It has spoilt memories of it. 😪

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Thats half the fun of an eighties car, as the bumper sticker says, rust is lighter than carbon fibre. 😆

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The money your planning on saving to buy one of them you'd have been as well keeping the st and using the money on keeping that.

How you enjoying the new motor?
The new car is just a new car lol no frills no power :lol: the wife likes it thats good enough for me.

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Ah maybe next time get her flowers and a bottle of wine. That's what my wife like and it's a cheaper option.

What kinda mpg is it getting then? Double what the st would

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ah maybe next time get her flowers and a bottle of wine. That's what my wife like and it's a cheaper option.

What kinda mpg is it getting then? Double what the st would
The mpg is showing 52 Ive done 280 miles and still showing half tank thats a win Im my book :)

·
Premium Member
1,226 Posts
@justcos

Lifes short. Get an XR2 if its going to make you happy. Government will only pinch your savings either later in life or when you die. Every time I waste some money on my car I reassure myself I have just cheated the government. The 20% VAT I have just given them is better than 100% theft. I find this logic very comforting.

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Thats half the fun of an eighties car, as the bumper sticker says, rust is lighter than carbon fibre. 😆
Naa constantly chasing tin worn and being scared to take it out in anything other than bone dry 20°c weather gets old very fast. It was the main reason I moved away from old fords. If I can't use it all year round then it's pointless.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts