Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up 07 Tango
2 yesterday (put that in another thead)...been on first long motorway run today...and noticed one or two things (done a forum search but can't find answers)
When driving,what oil pressure should gauge show?.....mine is about 75% ..then about 20/25% on idle....both when engine warm

When increasing speed between 70 and 80 mph there is a slight vibration through steering wheel...before and after this it seems to be ok(some of you will say I'm driving too slow I know)

Also when steering in a straight line the steering wheel centre bar is slightly off level , down to the right only minimal but I know its there....but on a decent flat road when I let go of the wheel the car itself drives straight and not veer either way.....

Hope I've posted this in the right section...and hope someone can shed some light....many thanks in advance

Zigs

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(ziggmond @ 30 Jan 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Picked up 07 Tango
2 yesterday (put that in another thead)...been on first long motorway run today...and noticed one or two things (done a forum search but can't find answers)
When driving,what oil pressure should gauge show?.....mine is about 75% ..then about 20/25% on idle....both when engine warm

When increasing speed between 70 and 80 mph there is a slight vibration through steering wheel...before and after this it seems to be ok(some of you will say I'm driving too slow I know)

Also when steering in a straight line the steering wheel centre bar is slightly off level , down to the right only minimal but I know its there....but on a decent flat road when I let go of the wheel the car itself drives straight and not veer either way.....

Hope I've posted this in the right section...and hope someone can shed some light....many thanks in advance

Zigs

The oil pressure sound ok, mines the same. Have you checked your tyre pressure recently? or maybe your wheels need rebalancing, after that get the tracking checked.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 30 Jan 2010, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Some sound advice from Phil there.

+1

The ST is VERY sensitive to wheel balancing and tracking issues.

Rambo needs doing AGAIN.

Get the car down to someone who know what they're doing with the tracking (using laser equipment ideally), and I suspect a lot of your troubles will go away.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many thanks to you all for the advice...gonna have to find somewhere in the S****horpe area with laser gear and capable of doing a proper job........there is kwikfit , savoy , national tyres etc etc.....but not sure wether to trust these after bad reports I hear about them(hope I haven't spoken out of turn here)...I'm open to suggestions if anyone local to me can help......thanks to you all once again..

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Many thanks hjcrichard clicked on link and Bush tyres in S****horpe isn't far for me at all.....will ring them Monday first thing...thanks again...great forum and v quick replies from you.......but most important...
is
awesome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts