Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

My car alarm has activated several times now for no apparent reason at all.
seems to be worse in the cold weather but I have no idea what is causing it.
Has anyone else had a problem with their alarm? If so how did you sort it?

Thanks

Andy

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Hi Andy, I recently had a problem with my alarm randomly going off and it appears that it may have been caused by the air vents being left in the face position rather than on the windscreen - strange I know!

Here is a link to my topic: http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/What-s-Sil...211#entry621211

I know that quite a few others have had problems with faulty bonnet catches and this has caused the alarm to go off. RS2KJane knows the number of the part that needs replacing if this is what is causing your problem.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Probably not the answer but just in case you've left a mobile, etc in the car - a mate used to leave his work Blackberry in the glovebox of his Audi A3 when he got home. Seems that the data exchange interfered with the alarm and caused it to go off!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(Donna @ 1 Jan 2010, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Andy, I recently had a problem with my alarm randomly going off and it appears that it may have been caused by the air vents being left in the face position rather than on the windscreen - strange I know!

Here is a link to my topic: http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/What-s-Sil...211#entry621211

I know that quite a few others have had problems with faulty bonnet catches and this has caused the alarm to go off. RS2KJane knows the number of the part that needs replacing if this is what is causing your problem.

Hope this helps

Thanks Donna. I have left the air vents in the face position so will change that and hopefully it will work.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(geeman @ 1 Jan 2010, 11:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Donna. I have left the air vents in the face position so will change that and hopefully it will work.

Fingers crossed for you that it stops, it so embarrassing hearing it go off

Please let us know if changing the vent position does stop it going off

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Yes, as Donna said, mine gave trouble with the alarm going off at random times. If it starts to say "Bonnet open" on the dash & the bonnet is shut it's a sure sign the catch is faulty. It's a sensor that fails but you have to buy it as a complete unit.

Hope you have cured yours. It's the worlds most embarassing sounding car alarm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts