Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a mk4.5 (facelift) focus ST in the sync 4 screen I've been having a few glitches with it freezing. Today I had the worst as I pulled off from picking a friend up it went absolutely skits looking it was cracked I have attached a few pictures below. I have also attached a video of my brother's mk4.5 focus active.
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Sky Cloud Computer Hood Output device

Sky Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Hood

Sky Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Hood
Hood Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Sky Cloud Computer Hood Output device

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is covered under warranty but when I've had electronic/software faults in a previous model focus it went on to the vehicle being rejected as they were just "doing updates" and the fault wasn't resolved I was posting this as I'm curious as to how common the fault is in other sync 4 systems with me and my brother having similar faults after collecting our cars 2 weeks apart

Registered
Unfortunately Ford are hopeless at resolving these sorts of issues and sometimes never do properly. My sync 3 doesn鈥檛 have android auto available at all and hasn鈥檛 updated software or maps for about a year. Says there is an update , download it and it won鈥檛 install. Been passed to tech for about 6 months (an achievement in itself!) They have responded recently stating it is a general problem not just my car (thats after 6 months!) and they don鈥檛 have a fix at this time. They sent me a 拢200 voucher as compensation against service or accessories. But what was said in one conversation was, you鈥檙e lucky it鈥檚 not the new sync 4 ! Apparently it has substantial glitches.

Registered
I hope not... and if they do it better be easy to update the system itself so you're not consistently at the dealership lot.
Honestly, it's pot luck with ford and tech, if you need tech support help your in it for the long haul or you just give up. Sounds like sync 4 has issues from what the girl at Ford customer care said, but that is no surprise.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts