Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Could any members who have Falken FK452s fitted please post up some pics taken from various angles. Just want to check out the rim protection etc before making a decision on what tyres to buy.
Thanks in advance
Jon

·
Registered
293 Posts
Rim protection is pants! thats the only downside to them id say......If you want rim protection Vredestein ultrac sessantas are your boys

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
You'd need some very creative photography angles to show any rim protection with the Falkens! Basically there isn't any.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Agreed, compared to previous tyres rim protection is not that good, but great tyre for the price none the less.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(JONMST2 @ 5 Feb 2010, 10:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi
Could any members who have Falken FK452s fitted please post up some pics taken from various angles. Just want to check out the rim protection etc before making a decision on what tyres to buy.
Thanks in advance
Jon

Probably not the best advertisment for Falkens but a good picture showing the lack of rim protection! The damage and wear to the tyre was caused by several sessions of over-exhuberance and taking the kerbs at Lydden Hill last year lol!

IMG20_5203.jpg

To be fair to the tyres they still gripped just as well as new even when they were knackered! The rim damage was caused by me kerbing it with Toyo Proxie T1-Rs on that do have a bit of rim protection on by the way so dont think that having rim protection will save your wheels in any but the lightest kisses of a kerb!

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies - can't make up my mind which tyres to go for. Need 4 so it's not going to be cheap!

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
QUOTE(fishface31a @ 5 Feb 2010, 12:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Probably not the best advertisment for Falkens but a good picture showing the lack of rim protection! The damage and wear to the tyre was caused by several sessions of over-exhuberance and taking the kerbs at Lydden Hill last year lol!

View attachment 36990

To be fair to the tyres they still gripped just as well as new even when they were knackered! The rim damage was caused by me kerbing it with Toyo Proxie T1-Rs on that do have a bit of rim protection on by the way so dont think that having rim protection will save your wheels in any but the lightest kisses of a kerb!

Nice picture Andy and show's how well the rims protect the tyres

·
Registered
773 Posts
The Falkens are definitely a very popular tyre. Rim protection is IMO overrated as it doesn't do much if you make any serious level of contact - best off just trying to avoid making the contact in the first place if you can!!!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(JONMST2 @ 5 Feb 2010, 12:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for all your replies - can't make up my mind which tyres to go for. Need 4 so it's not going to be cheap!

Its gonna be a lot cheaper if you do go with the Falkens though! They run up around £80 a wheel fitted and balanced around here! For the money you really cant get a better tyre!

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Reim protectors are pants, as said above you shouldn't need them and they make polishing/dressing the tyre wall (where it meets the rim) impossible without getting some one the rim you have just cleaned

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you want a tyre with a decent rim protector, try the Hankook Ventus S1 Evo. Similar size lip to the Vredesteins. They have had some very good reviews in the German tyre tests. I got 4 from Camskill for a very good price.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts