Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I want to change the wing mirror covers on my colorado red facelift ST to black, specifically piano black like on the RS as my grilles and front lip have been done in piano black. So a few questions:
  1. Will the Piano black covers from the RS fit on the ST?
  2. How do you remove the covers? I saw a pre-facelift thread where it was push down on the top and pull and they just come off, is that the same for the facelift?
Thanks.

·
Registered
647 Posts
the mirrors are the same for pre facelift and facelift including rs the only difference on some is the puddle lights but the covers are the same

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
i would doubt the mirror covers are different i will check on ecat tomorrow
Tom's right the facelift mirrors have the indicators along the plastic at the bottom, whereas pre-facelift has the indicators on the tip. Look @ the OP avatar then look at yours!!

To the OP, have you thought about getting some black vinyl and just applying it to your current mirror caps?? As long as it's black it'll be a good enough match as the Piano Black "paint" doesn't exist as the Piano black spoiler is actually made of a black plastic and not painted!

·
Registered
988 Posts
the mirrors are the same for pre facelift and facelift including rs the only difference on some is the puddle lights but the covers are the same
Covers are completely different design, due to the indicator shape for a start and how much smaller the pre-fl ones are compared to the facelift/RS ones.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all. As I said mines a facelift so it shouldn't be a problem.

To the OP, have you thought about getting some black vinyl and just applying it to your current mirror caps?? As long as it's black it'll be a good enough match as the Piano Black "paint" doesn't exist as the Piano black spoiler is actually made of a black plastic and not painted!
I will do. Going to wrap the front lower front bumper so I'll check out doing the mirrors as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts