Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there or should there be a big difference in price between the 2 different models? I'm currently looking at 2 cars ones a ......
orange 57 focus st2 22.500 miles £8990 pre facelift
Red 08 focus st3 18.000 miles £10.500 facelift
Why is there such a difference if there is one?

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Is there or should there be a big difference in price between the 2 different models? I'm currently looking at 2 cars ones a ......
orange 57 focus st2 22.500 miles £8990 pre facelift
Red 08 focus st3 18.000 miles £10.500 facelift
Why is there such a difference if there is one?
Because it's a facelift which included a lot of cosmetic changes. Facelifts command a higher price no matter which manufacturer you look at.

·
Registered
444 Posts
also it's an st3, a year newer and less miles so it would have a pretty noticeable price difference anyway

·
Registered
418 Posts
the facelifts seem to be about £1500-2000 more expensive than the same spec pre-facelift. if you want the better value for money go for the pre but i think the facelifts look really smart so i went for one

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys I think I'm going go for the facelift.... With it only being 1 years different I didn't think it would be a differnece in price like that

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Cheers guys I think I'm going go for the facelift.... With it only being 1 years different I didn't think it would be a differnece in price like that
it could be as little as a few days to a year! depends when they were registered!

plus the FL maybe a dog, and the PFL maybe a minter! there's a lot more to a cars value than its age! many things to look at, service history, condition, or specification to name but a few!

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
Would rather have a facelift.
Looks more modern and blends in more with a normal Zetec S and doesn't draw has much attention has a PFL
Plus you get extra toys
I bought my ST to stand out from the "run-of-the-mill" Ford Focus models...but I must admit I did opt for the understated EO colour..

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,095 Posts
The FL ST-3 sounds a decent buy - my 2008 ST-2 was a similar price but only done 11,000m and was immaculate.

The PFL are good value but do look a bit dated now and the FL has every panel different except the roof, plus a better interior.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts