Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm on the hunt for an ST-3 but need some help please in understanding the options. I'm looking at 08/09 facelifts.

1. Was there only one sat nav option (ie the touch screen), or were there two specs of sat nav?
2. Was the sat nav option linked to any other options (like you later had "Lux packs 1 & 2" where ford bundled stuff together) or was it standalone?
3. Are there discs available which update the sat nav software?
4. Do you guys reckon the sat nav on the ST-3s is pretty good & worth hunting for??

I've actually found an (almost perfect) ST-3 but it doesn't have nav - trying to decide whether to hold off for one that does!!
I noticed other cars with nav seem to have PDC, keyless entry etc, hence asking whether Ford bundled options together.

Thanks folks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'd look for the best deal you can get and consider your own additions to bring it up to spec i.e. buying the car you speak of and putting in a touchscreen stereo with SatNav etc.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have sat nav in my ST-3 and I find it to be ok. One time it couldn't find a postcode but did find the street I was looking for. Mine is not the touchscreen model and it uses an SD card for the maps. I think the very late models came with al the kit. Mine certainly seems to have all the options, or the vast majority of them at least. It's on a '60' plate.

As said though, I'd buy on condition over spec. I just happened to get a minter with all the kit as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have an 08 facelift the sat nav in mine is the same as the one in the rs bluapunkt I think ?? Works really well on long distance and round town. Alot better unit than the one in my previous car. Plus it syncs up to your phone so can call and receive calls and u get a full name list aswell. Not sure on update discs but I could do with one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Come on chaps. Anyone know whether the sat nav can be updated?
Would you recommend it over the standard ST-3 stereo??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts