Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Facelift 2007?

513 views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  mrsimmers 
#1 ·
Hi, what date did ford facelift the prefacelift
i.e. gen2 stereo and carbon effect headlights. Is it on all 07 plates onwards?

Thanks

John

See less See more
#3 ·
QUOTE(Michael @ 30 Jan 2010, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>08+

Carbon headlights

no I dont mean facelift bumbers etc. Ford started putting sony gen 2 steroes in the cars from 2007 and also the headlights have carbon effect or black inserts instead of the normal silver/mirrored inserts. this was done on pre facelift cars before they realeased the 2008 facelift.

#5 ·
QUOTE(Glenster @ 30 Jan 2010, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i think theres some 56's about with the black headlights, not sure about the sony stereo i know that they defo come in on the 07's along with red mileage lights and that.

yes this is what I mean. Dashlights are red instead of green too. I have viewed 3 cars so far, 2 57s 1 07 all three had this update including gen2 stereo. unfortunatley still have not found one that meets my requirements. Now a friend of family says he has one coming in on part ex, on a march 07, so just wondered if anyone knows if this update is on all cars built in 2007. Including late 56 plates.

Thanks all input much appriciated.

#11 ·
QUOTE(B_H100 @ 31 Jan 2010, 10:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Where are you going for it mate..? I ask as I sold my March 07 ST to a dealer down south just before Xmas, maybe it's the same one. Is it Perf Blue?

it is going to be traded in for a RS at the begining of march. so the owner still has the car going to view soon. somewhere in kent I belive.

#12 ·
I looked at an ST registered March '07 and this had the mixture of dark headlights but the original style Sony silver stereo and green interior dashboard lighting. With the stereos, having played with both, the later style one seems more user friendly, can't describe it but the buttons just seem to be in the 'right' places!!

Hope the car your seeing turns out to be a cracker!

James

#15 ·
[quote name='mrsimmers' date='1 Feb 2010, 09:37 AM' post='652431']
I'm on a 57 plate and have the Sony 6 Cd head unit and green dash.

Also have the black xenon headlights, so does that put the 07 thing out of the window?

who knows, but that is a lovely car.

#17 ·
QUOTE(Glenster @ 1 Feb 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>john_1988 - just seen you trying to flog ur fez ST in ur sig - prob not the best place to advertise as most of us have come from a fiesta st lol

you on fiestastoc?

yes I am. Already posted in for sale section, my username is st150essex on there. Just trying to advertise as much as possible, the reason I put it as sig is incase anybody on here has a friend/family member who is looking for a fez. Cant hurt

#18 ·
QUOTE(john_1988 @ 1 Feb 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yes I am. Already posted in for sale section, my username is st150essex on there. Just trying to advertise as much as possible, the reason I put it as sig is incase anybody on here has a friend/family member who is looking for a fez. Cant hurt

yeah definatly, there was one member that was looking to downgrade but cant remember the username.

Good luck on finding a focus if thats what your after, they are one hell of an upgrade from a fez!

and dont forget orange is the fastest - dont listent to any of them performance blue owners

#19 ·
QUOTE(Glenster @ 1 Feb 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yeah definatly, there was one member that was looking to downgrade but cant remember the username.

Good luck on finding a focus if thats what your after, they are one hell of an upgrade from a fez!

and dont forget orange is the fastest - dont listent to any of them performance blue owners

I have decided it has to be orange or blue

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.