Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I'm back in a Focus ST after a 15 months of owning the new shape Subaru Impreza WRX Sti.. Believe it or not the reason for changing back was the fuel bills and putting it through the company.. Accountant started to ask questions *Doh* .. jesus those Sti was thirsty, good fun though

Anhoo.. I've got myself a tastly looking 58 plate Frozen White facelift ST, currently running 285BHP and i'm very pleased with it and glad for the change..

I'm sure my old ST (2006 Pre Facelift) when you got in and started the engine, the doors used to auto lock ? I can't remember if this was correct or not. If this is the case can anyone tell me how to do it on the face lift with push button start.. the doors/boot stay open unless i press the door lock in on the drivers door.

Thanks for your help.. Glad to be back in a less fuel guzzling car!! and i aint half missed this heated front screen!!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
If the doors used to auto lock on your old car then I'm pretty certain that's going to be an after-market mod. Don't think any standard ST has auto doorlocking option short of it auto locks after ~30 seconds if you don't open a door after you unlock it.

·
Registered
14,671 Posts
The ability to enable auto locking has been removed on the latest Ford IDS software update, so you will need to check with the dealer / tuning company whether their equipment will still be able to do it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 28 Nov 2009, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The ability to enable auto locking has been removed on the latest Ford IDS software update, so you will need to check with the dealer / tuning company whether their equipment will still be able to do it.

Hmmz
.. that was a great feature as well - Any idea why they removed it from the latest software ?

Another problem is that the tuning company who did this car is back in east sussex where i bought the car and i'm in Manchester

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(ST Tommo @ 28 Nov 2009, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>pumabuild do auto door locking had mine done a few months ago well worth the money

If you don't mind saying mate, how much does it cost to have it done ? I think it's definatley a feature i'm gonna need on there if im going to let the missis drive this one

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
QUOTE(rob* @ 28 Nov 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you don't mind saying mate, how much does it cost to have it done ? I think it's definatley a feature i'm gonna need on there if im going to let the missis drive this one

+1 id like to kwon this too please

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
I believe Pumabuild and Dreamscience charge about £30 (ish), or thereabouts. It's a 5-minute exercise with the Ford IDS (in "Engineering Mode") connected to your OBD port.

As Rich says though, the feature has been removed from the latest revision of the IDS as there were concerns/doubts as to the ability of the doors to auto-unlock in the event of an accident.

·
Registered
59 Posts
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 7 Dec 2009, 05:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe Pumabuild and Dreamscience charge about £30 (ish), or thereabouts. It's a 5-minute exercise with the Ford IDS (in "Engineering Mode") connected to your OBD port.

As Rich says though, the feature has been removed from the latest revision of the IDS as there were concerns/doubts as to the ability of the doors to auto-unlock in the event of an accident.

Do the doors deadlock so if you pull the handle they dont unlock? i.e. if there was a crash? If it's just a case of pulling the handle then I cant see the issue. My Mrs drives round with them locked anyway so would be a nice feature to have the auto lock...

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(Wiggy @ 7 Dec 2009, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do the doors deadlock so if you pull the handle they dont unlock? i.e. if there was a crash? If it's just a case of pulling the handle then I cant see the issue. My Mrs drives round with them locked anyway so would be a nice feature to have the auto lock...

No - they do not deadlock. It is exactly the same as if you got in, and locked all the doors yourself from the inside.

If you pull the internal handle on either the passenger or drivers front door they all unlock, and that door opens.

If you have a 5dr, then pulling the internal handle on the rear door just unlocks and opens that door.

I think it was more from the perspective of an unconscious driver being unable to open his/her own door; the door being locked from the outside would cause a delay in extracting the victim from the car.

I have no strong feelings on it either way. I have the auto-door locking enabled and "like" the sense of security it gives you.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts