Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all my car just gone over three year old and my manufac warenty just ran out. So i am looking to see if anyone could recomend one? there is loads on the net any help apreciated... tjanx

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
You can only take the Ford one whilst your old warranty is still valid.

If the old one is expired you no longer qualify for Ford Protect.

·
Registered
198 Posts
My car just out of the Ford warranty, and the AA one has started. Clutch just gone and been replaced will find out on Monday if the AA will pay for it as it wasn't the plates but a faulty cover, so fingers crossed
Had a motorcare warranty on last car and they were very good, had a waterpump go on my V6 cost nearly a £1000 and they paid up no problem..

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would be good to find out if they did I have an aa one for emergency repair for work upto £500 cost next to nothing per month but obviously wud not cover an expensive repair...

·
Registered
198 Posts
would be good to find out if they did I have an aa one for emergency repair for work upto £500 cost next to nothing per month but obviously wud not cover an expensive repair...
Well done AA!! They paid in full for a complete clutch kit replacement. Let me just add the wearable plates were not the cause of the failure, it was a cover which was therefore covered, feel really lucky on this one

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I haggled a bit with the dealer and got an extended dealer warranty thrown in free at the time of purchase which will cover me until the finance is complete (by which time the car will be 5 years old). I think the normal cost of that would have been about £500. Hopefully I don't need to use it though!

I've never been too keen on these ones you get from companies you have never heard of, they don't seem to cover any of the things that are likely to need replaced!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I got a 12mth Blackhorse warranty free from my Ford Dealer when I got my ST - not sure how good/bad it is - hopefully I won't have to claim!

From reading the documents it does seem quite comprehensive though.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Mine is from Ford too, Think it is Autocare who underwrites it.

Had a new clutch, Cat and a few other bits so well worth the £480 it cost

·
Registered
219 Posts
checked in with Ford Protect as my car's warranty expires at the end of June.

£399 for one year, £997 for 3 years.

Apparently everything is covered including wear and tear effectively a manufacturers warranty for the term,

only proviso is the mileage does not exceed 70k (we've done 35k) and that any work carried out during the term does not exceed the price paid for the car when purchased from the dealer

too good to be true???? seriously thinking about it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts