Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi, I posted a note the other week and on sound advice from forum people purchased an ST3 with upgrades. Couple of bits of help required if you can ?

- Drivers side of heated screen not working, - Is this a fuse seperated for each half & where located if so ? (can only find relay and one fuse in the box - fuse ok ).... Or is it broken and screen needs replacing ?

- The drivers seat is sending me nuts - seat doesn't seem to adjust properly on rear lift / lower, seems to to get to certain point then only lifts / lowers at one side. Sinilarly with forward / backward adjustment - doesn't seem to locate on runners evenly each time, have to fiddle with it. Finally, it squeeks like mad when driving, i think from either base / back springs, not sure but it's awful. are these common problems and is there a fix ? i heard they had faults with them, is it something Ford would sort ( just out of 3 year warranty by the way !!! )

- Lastly, the car has GGR induction kit, different intercooler, cat back exhaust and an obvious remap ( unsure what types and not done by GGR - in process of writing to prevous owner ). I'm taking it for a dyno tomorrow with options of tweeks to set up, but primarily to establish how it's set up, what running at and what options are available if required. I'm hoping all ok as it runs great with no apparent issues. However, I'm new to this game and unaware at what boost pressures should be etc (at1.2 easily on the gauge), what they should be telling me and I don't want someone trying to sell me something I don't need ( EG: another remap at £600 etc ). What should I be looking for guys and what advice can you give please ?

The place I'm taking it is called AET turbo's at Normanton near Wakefield (W.Yorkshire) , has anyone heard of them / got any info. They seem very professional and appear to know what they're talking about / doing ?

Here's the link
http://www.aetturbosonline.co.uk/

Understandably I'm nervous when not fully in the know about what may be on offer / required ??

Best Regards,
Nige

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,487 Posts
Hi i would say the front screen is broken the seat has been a problem for some on here and they were repaired by the dealer under warranty if you have just bought the car take it back to the dealer to sort it out,as for aetturbos i think they are a sponser on the site so you shouldn't have any problems mention you are a member hope this helps

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
For the seat I'd check that the cross-tube at the back of the seat hasn't completely broken, this can be an issue with the ST seat but is usually spotted from all the creaking it does before the tube fully breaks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.