Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have now got a Mountune catback exhaust to be fitted to my pre facelift
by profile.

I have been searching this forum and internet for decent images of one fitted and am struggling.

My main issue is that they seem to stick out and are a bit low compared to the Mongoose I have seen images of.

What i really want is for it to sit very close to the cut out and not melt the bumper !! and also be more or less flush with the car when looking sideways at the exhaust.

Has anyone been able to do this with the mountune and have they got any images

Hope you understand what im trying to say

Cheers

Mike

·
Registered
689 Posts
QUOTE(Newstarter @ 18 Feb 2010, 04:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Many thanks for that

Thats exactly how i want it to look !!

How do you rate it how does it sound ?

Cheers

Mike

I'm really happy with the sound level, not too loud under normal driving, but when you boot it you get that lovely growl and plenty of pops and bangs too, am about to get the downpipe and sports cat from mountune too

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
When I fitted mine it stuck out to much, just loosen off the back box where it joins the middle section and make sure its pushed on fully. When it is it will sit perfectly and not stick out from the rear bumper. You can also adjust the rear tailpipes to move them up/down/left or right.

Top piece of kit and looks awesome when fitted right

If you think its not fitted right have a look at the rubbers holding the backbox on, if they look stretched or there not hanging right the box is probably out of line.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(NickC @ 19 Feb 2010, 05:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>When I fitted mine it stuck out to much, just loosen off the back box where it joins the middle section and make sure its pushed on fully. When it is it will sit perfectly and not stick out from the rear bumper. You can also adjust the rear tailpipes to move them up/down/left or right.

Top piece of kit and looks awesome when fitted right

If you think its not fitted right have a look at the rubbers holding the backbox on, if they look stretched or there not hanging right the box is probably out of line.

Mountune catback exhaust now fitted to the
by Profile (amazing service yet again by them
!!!).

It has been fitted exactly how i want it more or less flush with the bumper.

The noise on start up is great. Motorway and driving around normally is just like standard so happy with that.

However when you put your foot down the growl is just what i wanted and lots of pops and bangs . Great !!!

Also I think it looks the best exhaust out there !!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Hi there,what size are the mountune tailpipes?in some pics they look 3.5inch and in others 4inch.and they don't say what size on there website

1 - 10 of 10 Posts