Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Soon i will be fitting a 3" turbo down pipe and sports cat, undecided which brand yet. I am thinking about keeping the back section standard, will this cause any problems with the upgraded turbo down pipe and sports cat that i am going to have fitted e.g hesitation when accelarating? The thing is im not a fan of loud droaning exhaust sounds when just pottering around town or while on the motor way, i love the burbling and the popping when you put your foot down and on lift off. Advice please

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
I'm think of taking my piper cat-**** off this summer, for a european road trip I will be doing.
Piper exhaust are amazing when you having fun, but no so on long motorway journies
Good to now the car will be fine with the stanard catback back on.

Is it hard to refit the standard catback?
Presume I need to weld the two parts back together.

Edit: Sorry for the slight thread hijack

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(weSTie @ 24 Feb 2010, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ran this set up on mine for quiet a while sounded awsome
but eventually gave in glad i did had my cat back made up at exhaustsuk in sheffield if you want to have a listen just let me know mate

chears westie that would be good, What down pipe and sports cat are you running? and when you had them fitted with
the standard back exhaust did it burble and pop alot more when you put the foot down mate

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
running with piper down pipe and de-cat. burbling and popping was an understatement in the hot weather it was like someone was sat in the passenger set with a shot gun out the window

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(weSTie @ 24 Feb 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>running with piper down pipe and de-cat. burbling and popping was an understatement in the hot weather it was like someone was sat in the passenger set with a shot gun out the window

lol, are you going to the meet in maltby 22nd march i think, if so will have a listen there mate. Looking for to it as it will
be my first meet

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(Rob @ 24 Feb 2010, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is it hard to refit the standard catback?
Presume I need to weld the two parts back together.

Edit: Sorry for the slight thread hijack

It is easy enough to refit the standard catback,you just fit a sleeve over the top of where the cut has been made

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(weSTie @ 24 Feb 2010, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>do you mean the stockyard meet yes ill be there mate

yes mate, good will see you there mate, are we all meeting in a certain place, this club members i mean or just
get there when ever?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.