Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
Mk3 Ford Focus st-3 sprit blue
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably been asked before but do any aftermarket exhaust have the standard looking tip or would I have to go custom cheers

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,669 Posts
As Jason put I also looked long & hard for the same OEM style tips on an aftermarket exhaust as I quite liked the unusual OEM tips on the Mk3.5. However I couldn't find any. I did consider cutting the aftermarket tips off the new exhaust & putting the OEM ones one but couldn't bring myself to cut up a perfectly good new exhaust! Plus the double rounds have grown on me now!

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,259 Posts
As Jason put I also looked long & hard for the same OEM style tips on an aftermarket exhaust as I quite liked the unusual OEM tips on the Mk3.5. However I couldn't find any. I did consider cutting the aftermarket tips off the new exhaust & putting the OEM ones one but couldn't bring myself to cut up a perfectly good new exhaust! Plus the double rounds have grown on me now!
Which exhaust did you go for Nick?

·
Premium Member
Mk3 Ford Focus st-3 sprit blue
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't gone for one yet spoken to local longlife exhaust waiting for quote 3inch cat back with standard tip cheers

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,669 Posts
Nice & fairly quiet on tickover or if driven gently. However put your foot down & it really gets noisy but not excessively so. Plus no droning either so it gets a tick in the box from me!

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,415 Posts
I have to agree with the op, I prefer the standard tips, imho it’s the only one that suits the rear bumper, round tips look odd to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts