Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my Janspeed cat-back exhaust for a over a year now with mongoose dp and cat. When I first got it put on I noticed both pipes were a bit to the right so I moved the tail pipes so it sat perfectly but over time the back box or middle pipe must have moved again to the right and now the tailpipes are getting seriously close to my bumper. I could adjust the right pipe but the left one cannot move any further away as it is pushed as far left as possible and is still nearly touching the right side of the cut-out.
I have to push them a bit with my foot everytime I get out of the car after a drive so they sit a bit more central but its still more to the right.

I can't really alter the tailpipes anymore but is there anything I can do to alter the way it sits by either the clamps, bend the middle pipe or push the back box to the left so it sits more central. Its so annoying, I don't want to buy a new cat-back

I need your help guys

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
QUOTE(Boovy @ 15 Dec 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've had my Janspeed cat-back exhaust for a over a year now with mongoose dp and cat. When I first got it put on I noticed both pipes were a bit to the right so I moved the tail pipes so it sat perfectly but over time the back box or middle pipe must have moved again to the right and now the tailpipes are getting seriously close to my bumper. I could adjust the right pipe but the left one cannot move any further away as it is pushed as far left as possible and is still nearly touching the right side of the cut-out.
I have to push them a bit with my foot everytime I get out of the car after a drive so they sit a bit more central but its still more to the right.

I can't really alter the tailpipes anymore but is there anything I can do to alter the way it sits by either the clamps, bend the middle pipe or push the back box to the left so it sits more central. Its so annoying, I don't want to buy a new cat-back

I need your help guys

hi m8 i had the same problem with my mongoose exhaust tryed to move the tail pipes as much as i could but the problem was 1 stuck out to far and looked odd when i moved it back it melted my bumper so just had to put up with it as it was sticking out, the back box itself that was the problem as it was bent so it didnt matter how much u moved it, it would always be the same there is a fix that i was told about and that is to take it to an exhaust place that makes them and they can heat up the exhaust and re-position it this might sort out ure problem i never did it myself worth looking in to

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(Boovy @ 15 Dec 2009, 05:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've had my Janspeed cat-back exhaust for a over a year now with mongoose dp and cat. When I first got it put on I noticed both pipes were a bit to the right so I moved the tail pipes so it sat perfectly but over time the back box or middle pipe must have moved again to the right and now the tailpipes are getting seriously close to my bumper. I could adjust the right pipe but the left one cannot move any further away as it is pushed as far left as possible and is still nearly touching the right side of the cut-out.

I need your help guys

I had this happen to mine when it was fitted about 2 years ago, i had the hangers and rubbers uprated at janspeed. I thought this had now been fixed as my car was used as a mule. It may be that your tail pipes need adjusting downwards a little more?
Mine was melting the right rear of the bumper under full lock and under load.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. I might pop down to my local exhaust place and see if they can bend the middle pipe or back box. If they can it will sit spot on, if they can't it looks like a new exhaust sometime in the near future. I've tried the pipes more downwards and central when I altered them 1st time but they went back to the same position far right. Doh. Its definately the back box or middle pipe that needs bending someway. Hopefully an exhaust person at ATS or somewhere might be able to bend it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.