Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

Another new noise on my ST

When I'm accelerating I get a slight vibrating sound coming from the outside the car. Also when I close the bootlid or either of the doors there is a rattle coming from the back. I think that the exhaust heatshied is loose (Or broken).

Has anyone else had similar issues? If so what did you do or can you recommend a fix?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Mine does the same, never ooked what it is but it sounds like the heatshield. you will need to have a peek underneath, it sounds on mine like one of the nuts holding the cover on has either come off or is broken.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
In some cases (like mine) the heatshield wears against the securing nut/washer and as the hole is only just smaller than the nut it falls over it easy. I spotted it when i had my exhaust off, 2 had gone like this so I had to fit bigger washers under the nuts

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
try to get underneath it, tap it in various places,if you find abit out of place you can bend it back to where it does'nt hit the body of the car, thats what i did many moons ago,mine was directly under the cat back,most of its like a pie dish,not diffucult.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
The 'tin' had cracked around oneof the fasteners on our lasses, I just took the nut off, put a larger washer betweeen the tin and the nut and the jobs a gud un, what annoys me is the car hd only done 9K miles so the panel shoudln't have failed but i know frauds wouldn't consider it outside the first 12 months warrenty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.