Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've got a piper full system fitted to mine & sounds the absolute
! But it's one of the loudest pipes on the market, but gives off loads, pops, bangs & flames. All depends what you want mate? I would suggest you give the DV a miss, unless you want to mess up the ST's fueling & loose power! It already has a Recirc valve fitted, fitting an extra valve is just asking for trouble as the sensors won't have a clue what is going on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Exhaust system depends on what you want noise wise and your budget. I have the piper system which is one of the loudest systems available. Its a loud, rumbling jind of noise which I like to some owners go towards the more refined noise of the miltek systems which are the more expensive systems. Mongoose are a popular system with ST owners too. Really depends on your goals.

As for dump valves, I can only comment on the one I have fitted to my ST. Its a Collins twin valve which I think id the one you really need for the ST. It sounds great. The dump noise is loud enough to justify having it fitted just not as loud as a dump valve on a ricer ie a impreza or evo but then a ST isn't a impreza or evo.

Im really happy with both my piper system and my dump valve.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I agree with Rob on the piper system but I'd say if you want a DV then the Collins twin valve is the way to go. I've had mine fitted for a few months now and had no problems at all.

Not my car but a Collins DV in action

·
Registered
298 Posts
I agree with Rob on the piper system but I'd say if you want a DV then the Collins twin valve is the way to go. I've had mine fitted for a few months now and had no problems at all.

Not my car but a Collins DV in action
This is the DV I have & it sound awesome. Loads better than my Baileys on the Golf Turbo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts