Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi guys.

After owning 3 mk2 RS's over the last 3 years, the last one being an mr375, we decided on getting an AWD Kuga in October. Nice machine.
But after living with it, and much to my wife's annoyance, I have convinced her to agree to cut our losses and move into an ST2.
I test drove one this afternoon at Jennings Ford in Stockton, and am travelling to Leeds on Friday to hopefully iron out an almost done deal on a tangerine ex-demo ST2.

Can't wait to get back into a fast Ford..........although I did contemplate a fourth mk2 RS.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You get about Rich!?

That must of been a hard jump from rs to a kunga
Not really. In terms of WHY we did, it made sense. But actually living with the Kuga.........well lets just say my wife loves it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Restless night! Worried about the ST I have done a deal on.........

Any opinions how this car could have gotten so many miles on it as a demo? No other ST's for sale have as much?

http://www.sidneyjackson.co.uk/veh_detail.php?showPhoto=500777&did=1121&dname=Sidney%20Jackson&msub=2012%2F12+Ford+Focus+ST+2+NEW+SHAPE%21+SAVE+£5345+AGAINST+RRP&pri=18995&miles=5002

My worry is its been tracked/thrashed.
Going to view the car tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I put on over 1000 miles in 5 days on my st, I was going to work in Penrith for a week and travelled back and forward every day......I did enjoy every mile cos I was travelling home at 5 in the morning Lol......Mayne someone bought that particular one thinking it would be ok on fuel then realised it was a bit thirsty and chopped it in for a kuga? .. haha..

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Must admit I'm not sure I'd buy an ex-demo, you're never entirely sure who's driven it and how. But them I'm as paranoid as Marvin.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gah. The more research I do, the more I want a style pack as well as city pack.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I chose not to go with the style pack as I didn't want the grey wheels. I had dealer fit illuminated scuff plates fitted instead and I'll get the calipers painted at some point myself.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
On the price list it's £217 which is almost the cost of the style pack itself, I was charged £144 so maybe the price has changed since. You should be aware though that they're not ST branded, they're Focus branded:

Automotive design Automotive lighting Font Electric blue Visual effect lighting

I actually prefer them, they match the interior and they're different to everybody else's

Attachments

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Hello Si

You only had the MR375 a few weeks didnt you??

5000 miles isnt a lot really on a demo car, its more likely the manager was using it as his daily driver and trucking round hte country at hte weekend.... At hte end of the day, its your choice, and it depends what the price difference is between it and any other cars for sale....

Last time I was in Evans Halshaw in hull, they had 6 new ST's sat in and around the showroom, so there is plenty of choice....

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/vehiclesearch/used/ford-used-car-yy12vks.html

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/vehiclesearch/used/ford-used-car-yt62ddu.html

http://www.evanshalshaw.com/vehiclesearch/used/ford-used-car-cx62wvs.html

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What's are people's thoughts on the colour white for an ST?

Better than Tangerine?

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
It could have been a demo that a manager or someone like that used for a daily drive too. As for scream, well that's a personal choice. I didn't like that colour at first but its growing on me, still wouldn't drive around in one though. Lol white is nice too. Out of all the colours for me it obviously blue as my first choice then has got to be black with the style pack as that just looks mean. Lol if you want white then its got to have the style pack as the grey wheels against the white just set the car off imo

1 - 20 of 89 Posts