Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning chaps,

I just found out about an awesome app for my phone (Nokia 5800) called RaceChrono that will save your journey and all sorts of stats about it. It's designed for lap times around a track but you can use it for any journey. I'm going to try it tomorrow on my journey to work and see what it comes out with. But certainly it gives your speed as it's meant for racing. It also let's you export it to Google Earth data so you can see your journey all nicely plotted for you. Very handy if you go on holiday and want to send a data cube home with a note: "Here's where I've been today." Once it's into Google Earth it can obviously also overlay Streetview stuff with it so anyone interested in really knowing about your holiday can stalk you easily :)

Haven't figured out yet if you can export all the speed data and stuff too to Google Earth, only found how to do the route itself, but you can install RaceChrono on your PC and get the data off the phone to see all your graphs and stuff that way.

So yeah, anyone ever heard of it? Used it? Think they'll find it useful if they fancy playing with it?

PS - I presume it'll work on inferior phones like the crapple diephone if you happen to be a sheep

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,092 Posts
Had it installed on my 5800 for a couple of months but never really used it . I may have a bit more of look later when i'm bored at work

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
Same here but it took too long to get satellite cover so gave up, I bought a bluetooth gps for my phone and it works a lot better.

I have all the GP circuits installed on it but I don't think I will ever use it on them

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well I just tried it on my way home and got say I'm pretty impressed with what it's produced, well worth the £0.00 I spent on it!! It does take a little while to find some satellites but once it did, it never lost them, quite a lot of fun for even the most dumbass of users (like me)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.