Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help needed as dont know what the problem is had the car now for 7weeks and a week after having it i had it remapped and on my way home this warning came up not to sure to what it is or if its a big job to fix or just a simple thing todo, but for like 6weeks it will come on and off just randomly and just curious if its major because it really needs to be sorted

Any help would be great

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Mine is currently doing the same. Had a couple of esp system faults (when just pottering about) and the car has repeatedly gone into limp mode (caused by overboost on lift off).

No idea whats causing it, but theres something small causing issues. Changed several parts to try to get to the bottom of it, but no solution as yet.

Going to get a dashdaq/scangauge so i can send the data to martin and gary at collins to analyse.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Mine is currently doing the same. Had a couple of esp system faults (when just pottering about) and the car has repeatedly gone into limp mode (caused by overboost on lift off).

No idea whats causing it, but theres something small causing issues. Changed several parts to try to get to the bottom of it, but no solution as yet.

Going to get a dashdaq/scangauge so i can send the data to martin and gary at collins to analyse.
over boost on lift off is usually the boost solenoid

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i leave it will it get worse? Is this limp mode or is limpmode completly different? Im taking the car back to get the remap tweeked! Has the remap got anything todo with it

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

if you could let me know if you find out the problem that would be great

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
If the car is in limp mode you'll only get 1/4 boost and it will feel like somebody has stolen the engine

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
you can test if its the abs sensor, by testing if the abs works still ?
have you put an induction kit on / CAIS or k&n oiled filter ?
have you had new tyres?
are the 2 front tyres the same brand / style?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nah mine hasnt done that yet and i hope it doesnt lol if anything to much boost and chucks it all out to early at like 4k revs

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you can test if its the abs sensor, by testing if the abs works still ?
have you put an induction kit on / CAIS or k&n oiled filter ?
have you had new tyres?
are the 2 front tyres the same brand / style?
Cars completely standard apart from remap when i brake hard and fast it crunches so ye the abs works! Dont think the teo front tyres are the same i do have a very very slow puncture in the back tyre maybe its that? I know i should change it but saving for all four goodyear eagle f1 asymmetrics 2 and changing the air filter and airtec intercooler should i wait and after ive changes everything and see if the problem carrys on ?

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
most likely tyres then. The
esp is very sensitive it seems, although i have run 3 one brand and 1 another before. although that was on the back, but still had no issues.

try getting the slow puncture pumped up, and pull the kam fuse, then see if teh esp light is still on.. worth a try for free.

after ruling out the tyres, then try the maf sensor

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ive been told to clean the maf sensor maybe dirty will deff give the tyre a pull pump and pull out the kam fuse think i e already did this and it came back

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
does it go away tho and then come back after a drive?
the maf cleaning is easy so worth a go, and the electrical contact cleaner is cheap enough , i got some for 3 quid and did mine. TBH is wansnt dirty at all to look at.
you could always try swapping wheels around to get a matched pair at the front?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ye it does go away ill get some of that cleaner and clean the maf sensor, will check the tyres when i get home from work and switch them for matching ones to see if that helps so its deffently not the remap as ive had a big arguement with the guy that dis and and distbuting my money back!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts