Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have come across an St for sale on eBay.

im guessing most of the work has been done by an enthusiast but was wondering if anybody has any history on the car.

Cheers
Chris

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,178 Posts
Don't know about the car but why have so much done in Feb this year and now up for sale.
Get in touch with BD Performance see what they will disclose.
Why did a place in S Wales do the cyl head
The seller has good points on E Bay BUT, they are only from sellers, NOT Buyers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't know about the car but why have so much done in Feb this year and now up for sale.
Get in touch with BD Performance see what they will disclose.
Why did a place in S Wales do the cyl head
The seller has good points on E Bay BUT, they are only from sellers, NOT Buyers
Yea I know what you mean, might of been based in South Wales, think bd are north wales way. Looks to have been fitted with some decent components anyway

·
Premium Member
ST225 - CP340
1,114 Posts
Looks like it's had plenty of work done on it recently. Being honest (and a bit picky) I wouldn't describe the car as immaculate inside and out... Looking at the engine bay pics it's pretty grubby, as is the pic of the boot (check carpets etc) and there's some funky staining on the ESP/window heater buttons.

Stuff like that (coupled with the car being sold shortly after being forged) makes me question why and what the owner is/maybe trying to hide...MOT checker looks reasonable though - it's not had many repeat advisories recently

·
Premium Member
Alan St500
915 Posts
Some of bd’s work isn’t the best tbh , it’s worth that in parts though I would try contacting sabre and see what they say about it I would trust them more than a company that strips/ruins a customers car and then tells them to collect it as there is nothing else they can do 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
There could be a number of reasons why he's selling it. Peoples circumstances change all the time.

He's obviously loved it enough to spend that money on it. I wouldn't be put off to much with things like the boot carpet not being clean as he's spent around 8k under the bonnet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers guys yes the bay looks a little dirty and is missing the cover and battery cover. Not sure if they come with it or not. I might try contact sabre see if they know anything. Certainly had a lot of money thrown under the bonnet.

·
Premium Member
4,344 Posts
The car is probably fine and if so is a bargain compared to paying for the work yourself.

That said leaving engine covers off does ask the question why? If there's no reason, then fitting them is doubt easily avoided.

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,178 Posts
Better to be careful than not - the seller has couple or so other vehs for sale on e bay, but even using Google, can't find a business address or more importantly, a car sales site in Solihull., that refers to Motorhouse

·
Premium Member
2006 ST-2 MK2
197 Posts
Better to be careful than not - the seller has couple or so other vehs for sale on e bay, but even using Google, can't find a business address or more importantly, a car sales site in Solihull., that refers to Motorhouse
There was a motorhouse in netherton, had a Renault scenic 2 from there (well i brought it off a family member who had it from them) very dodgy MOT, car falling to peaces and rear calipers was knackered but pushed enough back so no drag.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like it's had plenty of work done on it recently. Being honest (and a bit picky) I wouldn't describe the car as immaculate inside and out... Looking at the engine bay pics it's pretty grubby, as is the pic of the boot (check carpets etc) and there's some funky staining on the ESP/window heater buttons.

Stuff like that (coupled with the car being sold shortly after being forged) makes me question why and what the owner is/maybe trying to hide...MOT checker looks reasonable though - it's not had many repeat advisories recently
I agree, for sure the seller might try to hide some issues to sell it quick. its better to check it's history from the past years since it's a used car and you didn't know the owner. I still have a spare code from bulk pack i purchased recently from rapidcarcheck.co.uk . You can PM me if you want.

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,008 Posts
I agree, for sure the seller might try to hide some issues to sell it quick. its better to check it's history from the past years since it's a used car and you didn't know the owner. I still have a spare code from bulk pack i purchased recently from rapidcarcheck.co.uk . You can PM me if you want.
i have been in touch with the previous owner as spoke to James in BD S.Wales and it was a local car and my son knows the guy well so passed this onto the OP

1 - 14 of 14 Posts