Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had headlight troubles today that is going to lead me to post a few questions. The first one is how on earth do you enter the Sony security code? I had to pull a few fuses and must have pulled the radio one. I managed to get the code in but can't enter it. The book says to press a star (which I don't have) or press the button in the middle of the arrows (this turns it off). Any help would be great as I am pretty cheesed off with the car tonight.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The old Ford stereos you need to press '5' to confirm the code.

Can't remember the sony one, but try the '5' button

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I've just checked my manual, It's says,

To input the code press 1 rept. untill position 1 shows the number you are after.
press 2 rept. untill position 2 shows the number you are after. etc.

Press 5 to confirm.

After 28 attempts your unit is locked out.

If you are getting wait 30, you probably have an incorrect code. Which model do you have?

Early model, you will need pins,
Newer model, You pull the trim off, and remove the 4 screws,

Take a pic of the side of the stereo, and e-mail it to me, I'll check your code for you.

If you need pins, you need 4 of these, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-RADIO-CD-NAVIGATION-REMOVAL-TOOLS-KEYS-PINS_W0QQitemZ260562547195QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Terminals_Cabling_ET?hash=item3caabcf1fb

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for your help Scully. The code has been hand written in the book by the previous owner so could well be wrong. I am going to run the car into Fords tomorrow to get them to check out the light problem I have had tonight so I will get them to enter the code for me then. I will have to have a quiet journey to the garage tomorrow. It's not all bad as I had forgotton how great the engine sounds.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts