Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

went out in the car and the engine system light came on and it said acceleration reduced
so i turned the car off turned it back on and it had gone off?? a couple of weeks ago i had this same warning come up on the dash and it was a pipe that had come off would it be because i havent reset the fault code after i had fixed the pipe that it is still showing up or would it be something else?

if i need to reset the fault code how do i do this?

thanks for any info

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I think pulling the KAM fuse for 30 minutes or so will clear most of the faults recorded (fuse 26 in the engine bay, on pre-facelift at least) The fault message wouldn't just come up again because the logged fault code wasn't reset.

Try it after you've pulled the KAM fuse and see how it goes, obviously worth checking the loose pipe again too.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(troy45 @ 27 Feb 2010, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I think pulling the KAM fuse for 30 minutes or so will clear most of the faults recorded (fuse 26 in the engine bay, on pre-facelift at least) The fault message wouldn't just come up again because the logged fault code wasn't reset.

Try it after you've pulled the KAM fuse and see how it goes, obviously worth checking the loose pipe again too.

thanks for the reply the car seems to run fine when this message isnt on and it only seems to come on if the car hasnt been driven for a couple of days? i have a ds hand unit can i use this to find any fault codes?

thanks mat

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
The DS handset will read a lot of the DTC codes that the car stores, there are other faults which would require a laptop running the IDS package or a dealers IDS machine but first off it's certainly worth plugging in the DS unit then look up any fault codes on here or the web

·
Registered
604 Posts
Sounds like battery.

Plus if your not using the car for a long time to time would make sense maybe not having enough power to feed your Engine Management system which would give you the Reduced Acceleration message.

Get a Meter on your batter when you start it say once you have left it for the same amount of time and see if it reads below what it should be. Also worth checking it how it is now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts