Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I really need some advise, I had a mongoose sports cat (200 cell) and system fitted a few days ago the ST was running fine, felt loads smoother and quicker. However on my way home today the management light came on. I wasn't even on hard throttle (around 60 in 6th) I noticed that I can also hear slightly more turbo sucking noise inside the car.
Any ideas welcome I really dont know were to start, boost hose?, dirty lambda sensor? Anyone got any idea were I can get a diagnostic read on a saturday morning in the hertfordshire area?
Please help im gutted

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
At a guess it sounds like the sensor is faulty as the 200 cell are meant to keep the light from coming on, I would also check the exhaust isnt blowing.

Its more likely to come on also when cruising and not accelerating, it does with mine anyway and anyone with either a DS handset or scanguage might offer their assistance to find the code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I really need some advise, I had a mongoose sports cat (200 cell) and system fitted a few days ago the ST was running fine, felt loads smoother and quicker. However on my way home today the management light came on. I wasn't even on hard throttle (around 60 in 6th) I noticed that I can also hear slightly more turbo sucking noise inside the car.
Any ideas welcome I really dont know were to start, boost hose?, dirty lambda sensor? Anyone got any idea were I can get a diagnostic read on a saturday morning in the hertfordshire area?
Please help im gutted
hi mate your local kwikfit can do a diag on car for you for 29.95 and then can tell you what is wrong will prob be fuel bank 1 which is oxygen sensor not changing, have you had it remaped because when i put de-cat pipe and stainless steel mid and rear on my st170 engine light kept coming on every 100/250 miles so i had it remaped and has been ok since this may help cheers mike

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi mate your local kwikfit can do a diag on car for you for 29.95 and then can tell you what is wrong will prob be fuel bank 1 which is oxygen sensor not changing, have you had it remaped because when i put de-cat pipe and stainless steel mid and rear on my st170 engine light kept coming on every 100/250 miles so i had it remaped and has been ok since this may help cheers mike
Thanks for the help chaps, I havent got a map yet was looking at a dreamscience to be honest which may be a good idea now with of the cat and the code reader on it. I hope its something simple

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
Sounds like you might have a leaking gasket. We have seen the odd 200 cell Mongoose fail - however it is rare.

When customers have brought them to us to check we have oftern found a leaking gasket allowing more oxygen into the system.

It would be worth checking 1st

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sounds like you might have a leaking gasket. We have seen the odd 200 cell Mongoose fail - however it is rare.

When customers have brought them to us to check we have oftern found a leaking gasket allowing more oxygen into the system.

It would be worth checking 1st
Strangest thing happened! Took it to a friend who is still in the trade and he plugged his snap-on diagnostic gear into it. However it would not connect to the ECU, tried several times and nothing, so we gave up. Just before I left I had a random thought about taking the KAM fuse out to see if it would at least make it run a bit better. Left it for a few minutes as usual and put it back in, started her up and off went the light! Ive done about 300 miles since and its still off! I think it must be that i didnt reset the KAM after the new cat so maybe it was running rich and put too much fuel in which the lambda sensor didnt like!?! I think I really need a dreamscience now!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts