Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

Just a quick question regarding the Electric orange paint on my car, I seem to have read somewhere, that the orange paint is different in some way, to say the metallic blue?...does the orange have 3 layers or something? and has it got pearl in it?..

Nige

·
Registered
123 Posts
lol i have seen this done on mine in 3 stages the yellow base then a different shade of orange then the EO as its really thin like water

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
my eo got damaged by some old biffer and ford painted it three times before they got it right!
one side was an inch wider than the other with all the paint they used

every one of them is a different shade! the one in fords showroom was darker than mine.

·
Registered
363 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 9 Feb 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>every one of them is a different shade! the one in fords showroom was darker than mine.

Aaah, so is that why the Ford sales literature stated that the Electric Orange was a limited edition - no two are the same

·
Registered
202 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 9 Feb 2010, 07:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my eo got damaged by some old biffer and ford painted it three times before they got it right!
one side was an inch wider than the other with all the paint they used

every one of them is a different shade! the one in fords showroom was darker than mine.

I assume the 'Electric White' will be a similar story then..?? God I hope not. I took mine in this morning for a few bits to be sorted. All four wheel arches had some paint 'missing' from under the lip, the rears with two small runs in the lacquer. Also a blemish on the front bumper which needs sorting. They assured me that I'll have it back for Wednesday and matching the paint won't be a problem. Now I've read this I have visions of it looking like a page from the Dulux catalogue..!!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(NobbysNuts @ 16 Feb 2010, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I assume the 'Electric White' will be a similar story then..?? God I hope not. I took mine in this morning for a few bits to be sorted. All four wheel arches had some paint 'missing' from under the lip, the rears with two small runs in the lacquer. Also a blemish on the front bumper which needs sorting. They assured me that I'll have it back for Wednesday and matching the paint won't be a problem. Now I've read this I have visions of it looking like a page from the Dulux catalogue..!!!
would'nt be sure about the electric white mate. with my eo ford had to get the paint manufacturer to come and sort it.
they did a good job but i was so frustrated with the whole process, i sold the car!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Mine recently got keyed. Ford aren't too keen to have a go, and i've taken it to numerous other places that won't touch it. Eventually i've managed to get it booked into pumabuild who say they 'have mastered the colour match'. If i'd done a bit more research into the hassle this paint has caused before i bought the car then i would have bought a white one! lol

·
Registered
459 Posts
QUOTE(carmadhainesy @ 16 Feb 2010, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I paid for full respray at fords Bridgend as never will it be right (my opinion) when blended, I could draw lines where they painted:(

Just for my own benefit do you mind PM'ing me how much your full respray cost?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
QUOTE(kristel10589 @ 16 Feb 2010, 05:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just for my own benefit do you mind PM'ing me how much your full respray cost?

+1 please if you dont mind and if you dont want to post it on here

·
Registered
202 Posts
Well I got my car back from the bodyshop on Thursday. They sorted out the lump on the front bumper with no problems and better still without having to do any painting. Apparently a bolt behind the bumper had not been tightened fully home and this was sticking out and making the lump on the bumper. Luckily once tightened the bumper simply returned back to its original position with no damage. The wheel arches were a different story. The painter admitted he had tried and failed to match some paint to the car using the Ford colour code. He showed me what he had mixed up and it was a very pale blue, almost like grey primer. He said he had 'mixed' the colour himself in the end and tinted it to suit and it does match pretty well. Basically he didn't feel confident to spray it onto the car so he has used a brush to touch in the very small sections and then clear lacquer with the spray gun. He hasn't touched the original paint at all so that was a bonus.
Worse was to come. They didn't replace the ST badge on the boot lid and decided to argue about it and also they scratched the front bumper and the lower plastic grill. The car was also covered in
that had flung off the buffer and the passenger rear wheel in grey primer overspray, which with the wheels being black looked awful. So after an hours wait while they rectified the 'problems' the car looked better. They removed the bumper scratch, cleaned all the buffer
off the car and the overspray from the wheel and have ordered me a new grill to replace the damaged one. The salesman has also offered me a new badge for the boot but I was that hacked off by then I just left.
Point is if they had taken a bit more care in the first place, cleaned the car before I collected it and put me a badge on (only about £12 I think) I would have had a lot more faith and trust in them for the future. Now I'm not so sure.....

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(NobbysNuts @ 21 Feb 2010, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well I got my car back from the bodyshop on Thursday. They sorted out the lump on the front bumper with no problems and better still without having to do any painting. Apparently a bolt behind the bumper had not been tightened fully home and this was sticking out and making the lump on the bumper. Luckily once tightened the bumper simply returned back to its original position with no damage. The wheel arches were a different story. The painter admitted he had tried and failed to match some paint to the car using the Ford colour code. He showed me what he had mixed up and it was a very pale blue, almost like grey primer. He said he had 'mixed' the colour himself in the end and tinted it to suit and it does match pretty well. Basically he didn't feel confident to spray it onto the car so he has used a brush to touch in the very small sections and then clear lacquer with the spray gun. He hasn't touched the original paint at all so that was a bonus.
Worse was to come. They didn't replace the ST badge on the boot lid and decided to argue about it and also they scratched the front bumper and the lower plastic grill. The car was also covered in
that had flung off the buffer and the passenger rear wheel in grey primer overspray, which with the wheels being black looked awful. So after an hours wait while they rectified the 'problems' the car looked better. They removed the bumper scratch, cleaned all the buffer
off the car and the overspray from the wheel and have ordered me a new grill to replace the damaged one. The salesman has also offered me a new badge for the boot but I was that hacked off by then I just left.
Point is if they had taken a bit more care in the first place, cleaned the car before I collected it and put me a badge on (only about £12 I think) I would have had a lot more faith and trust in them for the future. Now I'm not so sure.....

sounds like the electric white is gonna be as hard to repair as the orange mate

good old fraud customer service! sorry you were on the wrong end of it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts