Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting lowering springs very soon and I'm stuck on what type to choose i want my car to look good but not scrape or rub when full, i know Eibach keeps the warranty which is a very big plus but what looks best, handles best etc discuss the pro's and cons of each spring thanks for reading

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
You wont notice much if any difference between the 2 springs performance wise only height difference, I have H&R which lowers the car more but only by 5mm I think.

I haven't had any rubbing and my car is full quite often and with regards to scrapping my car clears most speed bumps and multi storey ramps but syaing that I did manage to scrape the fornt bumper a few times on standard springs so it depends where you drive.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My car as standard couldnt get up kerbs so I decided to just go for it. I went for eibachs and the car sits really nice and the wheels fill the arches now. Its not too low at all,just that little bit to give it the look it needed. I cant feel ANY (honestly) difference in firmness and the car steel leens a bit too much going round corners but I only wanted it so the wheels fill the arches. It definately handles better though. I'm glad it hasnt altered the ride as we need it to be comfy for the baby and it goes over big bumps fine, just be careful in multi storey car parks, take it really slow. Eibachs lower the car 20mm front and 25 rear.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Don't take this the wrong way because your wheels are very cool!!
But because your wheels are dishey split rims they make the car look higher. If your wheels wasnt split rim/split rim effect, the wheels would look like closer to the arches.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Will do but my front and rear tyres definately look closer to the arches than the H&Rs. Although the back is slightly higher than front on mine but not much. It doesnt stand out anyway. I have the latest pro kit. Gary at profile fitted mine. Perhaps it my tyres, goodyear eagle f1s aymms allround. Eibachs are supposed to be 20 mm front and 25 mm back.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Another point I'd make about the ST eibach ppro kit is I was expecting them to be noticeabley more firmer and the ride a bit more crashier than standard but its no different. I've had eibachs before and they do crash more and do slightly ruin the ride on most cars but with these it don't feel any different. But however I think they could have gone a tad stiffer to firm the ride up and still not compromise the ride too much. Saying that the cars I've had in the past I have always missed the standard comfort so as I did it for looks only it suits me and what I use the car for. I would never go for a proper full suspension kit again as some of the cars I've had handled great but crashed over pot holes, broke strut braces and cds always jumped. Eibach pro kits are great.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Car looks EXTREMELY shiny mate. I'm sure mine is a little lower but probably not.I'm sure I can only get 1 finger under the front and 2 at rear. I will check it tomorrow but pretty sure.Also those H&Rs have 19s under and when you see eibachs with 19s they are very very very nearly scaping the arches on the front and very close to the backs.What polish/wax do you use?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
to be honest i cant remember the price i think its about £120 + fitting plus there not hard to fit. it made the body roll a tiny bit less. to be honest they seem more of a visual mod.the ride isnt hard at all its the same as before.
deffo worth the money.

·
Registered
195 Posts
QUOTE(Boovy @ 9 Jan 2010, 05:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't take this the wrong way because your wheels are very cool!!
But because your wheels are dishey split rims they make the car look higher. If your wheels wasnt split rim/split rim effect, the wheels would look like closer to the arches.

yeh possibly, im puttin the standard wheels back on it soon for a track day so i'll take a pic and post it on here

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.