Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to do this myself...bought the tools and the stands, took several hours as never took any part off a car before but when i was finished...WOW, well worth the cuts

It transforms the handling completly. I felt a bit uncomfortable with the ST handling in the move from my celica VVTLi GT but now the ST feels great. Far more confident on corners, doesnt feel like its floating anymore! It also feels just as comfortable as standard when driving normally.

On top of it all-the archs are filled perfectly-the usually high back arch now follows the curve of the back tyre and the whole package looks brilliant.

So in case ye havent figured it out....I would highly recommend these-well worth the effort!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
well done doing it youself mate. somehow when you tackle a job youself its more satisfing when you see the end result!

·
Registered
794 Posts
Decided to do this myself...bought the tools and the stands, took several hours as never took any part off a car before but when i was finished...WOW, well worth the cuts

It transforms the handling completly. I felt a bit uncomfortable with the ST handling in the move from my celica VVTLi GT but now the ST feels great. Far more confident on corners, doesnt feel like its floating anymore! It also feels just as comfortable as standard when driving normally.

On top of it all-the archs are filled perfectly-the usually high back arch now follows the curve of the back tyre and the whole package looks brilliant.

So in case ye havent figured it out....I would highly recommend these-well worth the effort!!
What kind of tools did you need to fit the new springs yourself; pretty basic stuff?

And also, for anyone reading, what's the method for adjusting the headlights yourself? I recall that it involves parking x-distance form a wall and adjusting the beam to x-distance from the ground.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
after playing with my new headlamps for some time to get the beams right i finaly gave up and had them done in a garage in chelmsford ....so glad i did as i now have two headlamps working how they should and the differance in the beam pattern is so much better ,i rarely use main beam at all now .
they only charged £5:00 to do this .
well worth the effort in my opinion so why not take the car to your local garage and have them set them up for the sake of a fiver it saves you the hassell and youl have better lights .
hope this helps you mate.

·
Registered
794 Posts
after playing with my new headlamps for some time to get the beams right i finaly gave up and had them done in a garage in chelmsford ....so glad i did as i now have two headlamps working how they should and the differance in the beam pattern is so much better ,i rarely use main beam at all now .
they only charged £5:00 to do this .
well worth the effort in my opinion so why not take the car to your local garage and have them set them up for the sake of a fiver it saves you the hassell and youl have better lights .
hope this helps you mate.
If the bill for alignment is only in the region of a fiver, it certainly makes sense.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
just give your local MOT station ring and ask how much ,im sure they will be in same region as mine was and as i say my lights are better than they have ever been ,well worth it my friend .

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What kind of tools did you need to fit the new springs yourself; pretty basic stuff?

And also, for anyone reading, what's the method for adjusting the headlights yourself? I recall that it involves parking x-distance form a wall and adjusting the beam to x-distance from the ground.
I used

13mm 15mm 17mm 18mm spanner
axel stands
car jack
5mm 6mm allen keys
hammer
t30 torx screwdriver

think that pretty much was everything!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts