Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting some Eibachs for the
just wondering how much i should pay for these to be fitted? I have been quoted £140 for full fitting but this doesnt include the kit, is this a good price?

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
Volkswagen Tiguan R-Line Tech 230
8,096 Posts
Hi Lewis . any reputable garage should be able to do the job , as for the price pretty much all you have quoted are rather good . Mine was a very good price as i did them myself.

As i know how long it takes to get to Profile , if you dont mind a drive to Southampton these guys are very very good .....

http://www.tremonagarage.com/ . I have used them myself and i know a couple of others on here have as well . They are very well respected in the
community and are one of the most professional group of guys i have met . Give them a ring and see what they say !!!!

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
QUOTE(lewis991 @ 14 Jan 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Guys,

I am looking at getting some Eibachs for the
just wondering how much i should pay for these to be fitted? I have been quoted £140 for full fitting but this doesnt include the kit, is this a good price?

Thanks

Tell you what, I wouldnt bother phoning you local dealer (Dinnages), I took the liberty of giving them a ring and tbh I dont think they knew what I was talking about but in the end they quoted me a price of....................

£488

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I will give tremona a ring and Balance motorsport also. Dinnages are rubbish for upgrades and other things I am led to believe. Although Birchwood ford in Eastbourne do Eibachs and Mountune and are meant to be very good and reasonable price too, will let you know what I find.

Thanks

·
Captain Slow
16,274 Posts
QUOTE(lewis991 @ 15 Jan 2010, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeah I will give tremona a ring and Balance motorsport also. Dinnages are rubbish for upgrades and other things I am led to believe. Although Birchwood ford in Eastbourne do Eibachs and Mountune and are meant to be very good and reasonable price too, will let you know what I find.

Thanks

Let us know how you get on matey
I would have lowered the car by now but the boss isn't so keen

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
I understand Ford dealers seem to charge circa £400 for some reason.

That said I am getting my Mountune kit fitted at a Ford Dealer in Scotland and happened to ask out of interest and they quoted just over 200

Boy in Glasgow got quoted 400 the same day from his local dealer so is also going to the same place as me now oddly enough.

One question tho - Ask what their oppinion is on getting the tracking seen to after fitting. I have been told that

a) No, Only the headlights need checked (I assume incase the drop is not exactly the same all round (5mm tolerance in springs))
b) Yes, definately as you are adjusting the ride height which will affect the geometry, but let it settle for 5-600 miles first.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
662 Posts
QUOTE(AlanK @ 15 Jan 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I understand Ford dealers seem to charge circa £400 for some reason.

That said I am getting my Mountune kit fitted at a Ford Dealer in Scotland and happened to ask out of interest and they quoted just over 200

Boy in Glasgow got quoted 400 the same day from his local dealer so is also going to the same place as me now oddly enough.

One question tho - Ask what their oppinion is on getting the tracking seen to after fitting. I have been told that

a) No, Only the headlights need checked (I assume incase the drop is not exactly the same all round (5mm tolerance in springs))
b) Yes, definately as you are adjusting the ride height which will affect the geometry, but let it settle for 5-600 miles first.

Any thoughts?

WOW - I have been told that 5-600 miles will put a cross tread wear pattern on the tyres which then is almost impossible to correct - even after the alignment has been done. I was told a drive around the car park was sufficient for them to settle ?!?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
QUOTE(seanyb @ 15 Jan 2010, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WOW - I have been told that 5-600 miles will put a cross tread wear pattern on the tyres which then is almost impossible to correct - even after the alignment has been done. I was told a drive around the car park was sufficient for them to settle ?!?

mmm- I have read 1000 miles elsewhere which seem far too much. 600 miles is also rather high. Think I may start a poll as some varying advice on this one.

·
Registered
5,777 Posts
I was told to drive it for less than 100 miles before getting wheels re-aligned, but as I got my car back from Wolf at 8 o`clock on a Saturday night I didnt have an option.

Got it done as soon as I could, I think as long as your not driving 100`s of miles you should be ok.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tremonma want £235 to fit the springs (I supply the springs) but this includes wheel geomotry and headlight adjustment, Balance motorsport want about £150 to fit, but they didnt say anything about wheel alignment.

So I think I will get my mechanic mate to fit em for £140 in a couple of months or so, he is of the opinion that you dont have to do wheel alingment, just to keep a close eye on tread and if it wears then get it done....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just been looking at these myself and I know its not in your area but Fords Archers of Ashby supply and fit (incl VAT) the pro springs for £249, website doesn't actually state the ST in the link (all the other Focus' are listed and i can't imagine the ST cosing more) so you could show this to your local Ford dealer?

·
Registered
477 Posts
QUOTE(andy.brown0 @ 24 Jan 2010, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just been looking at these myself and I know its not in your area but Fords Archers of Ashby supply and fit (incl VAT) the pro springs for £249, website doesn't actually state the ST in the link (all the other Focus' are listed and i can't imagine the ST cosing more) so you could show this to your local Ford dealer?

Funny that, I rang them earlier, and they told me the website has not been updated for a while and thats the old VAT rate, they supply and fit them for £350 inc VAT

Cheers

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hello

I have just been and fetched a set of Eibachs from Roadrunner in Notts for £145 inc VAT. I know I could have probably saved a tena from elsewhere but they are just up the road and was able to pick them up straight the way.

I have booked into my local ATS Euromaster centre for Wednesday this week, I've dealt with them before and are a good bunch of lads, they are fitting them along with a full alignment for £100

So those without a calculator thats a grand total of

Can't wait, I will let you know the outcome.

Sorry to jump in on your thread

Cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.