Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick up my new ST tomorrow and feel that adding eibachs is a must.

Would this affect warranty,

and living in Southampton where is the best place to have this done.

Any advice appreciated.

·
Registered
52 Posts
[quote name='jag45' date='28 February 2010 - 01:56 PM' timestamp='1267358175' post='670028']
Pick up my new ST tomorrow and feel that adding eibachs is a must.

Would this affect warranty,

and living in Southampton where is the best place to have this done.

Any advice appreciated.

I live in eastleigh and work for hendy fords in winchester. Iv fitted these before to an st. They look great.
Make sure where you get them fitted you have to do the wheel alignment after otherwise your going to get bad tyre wear.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Actually I dont believe that they are a warranty product, so regardless of where you buy or have them fitted they may invalidate part of your warranty at least, and that would under the block exemption rules have no bearing on their warranty status anyway.

·
Registered
68 Posts
WELL THE KITS LISTED ON WARRANTY AS FORD APPROVED PARTS BUT OBVIOUSLY YOU WILL HAVE TO PROVE THEY WERE PURCHASED FROM FORD TO HAVE THE WARRANTY ON THEM, FORD CANT FORCE ANYONE TO HAVE THEIR VEHICLE SERVICED OR MAINTAINED BY A FORD DEALER AS MENTIONED ABOVE, SINCE BLOCK EXEMPTION PRETTY MUCH MEANS ANY V.A.T REGISTERED GARAGE CAN DO THE WORK, JUST KEEP THE RECEIPT FOR ANYTHING YOU EVER HAVE DONE , AND MAKE SURE WHATEVER IS DONE THE CORRECT DATE AND MILEAGE IS ALWAYS RECORDED ON ANY RECEIPTS GIVEN, IT IS VITAL!! WITH REGARDS TO THEM BEING WARRANTY APPROVED IT DEPENDFS ON THE SITUATION PROBABLY, I.E IF THE VEHICLE SUFFERES DRIVE TRAIN FAILURE (GEARBOX, DRIVESHAFTS ETC.) THEY CASE WOULD ABOVIOUSLY BE REVIEWED BY ENGINEERING!

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, KEYBOARDS HAD IT!!! LOL[

·
Registered
52 Posts
Im a technician at Hendy fords in winchester i have fitted a set of these before with a mountune kit.
I can get you booked in if you like. I will see if it effects your warranty aswel.
We really never have many warranty problems on these cars thats y i decided to buy 1.
Just send me a message. Dan

·
Registered
270 Posts
Ford sell them for £123.11 http://www.hendyfordeshop.co.uk/product/Focus_Eibach_Pro_spring_kit_1440882
The Tremona garage in milbrook has been recomended to me many times. It's the cleanest garage you'll ever see, apparently so clean you'd eat your dinner off the floor! 2 of my friends use it, one had some paintwork done to his ultimate green RS and said he'd definatly go back there again.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I bought my Eibachs from Pumabuild (£120 delivered) and had them fitted by Martins Nissan in Winchester (charged me about £180 including headlight adjustment). I got the wheels aligned after about 1000 miles at Supertracker in Sholing - don't bother getting them aligned until the suspension has settled ;-)

Ford will insist the book time on fitting these is 4 hours - and charge you the labour accordingly - I kid you not! The job can be done in 1-2 hours if the mechanic knows what he's doing. Ask the guys at Pumabuild - they offer them for £200 supplied and fitted in Birmingham!!

I have heard good things about Tremona in Millbrook and keep meaning to try them for fitting mods. The only reason I haven't so far is because they don't offer a courtesy car - so you have to leave your car there all day which isn't suitable for me, unfortunately as I need to be able to still get to work.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Had mine done for £200 supplied and fitted at Pumabuild. Took a couple of hours in the end but thats with lots of little breaks and distractions

The guy said he could do them in about 35 minutes if he really wanted to as he's done them so many times in the past.

The £200 also included headlight adjustment.

I will get the wheels aligned in a week for £25.

So £225 for supply, fitting, headlight adjustment, and wheels alignment.

Ford by me charge £440 for the same thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.