Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi all just a little warning when lowering your ST.....Tell the wife!!

On cleaning my pride and joy i've just found some serious lower front bumper scratches and some lovely new wheel damage...ahhhhh! Also she now is close to not wanting to drive it due to "
harsh ride" apparently. Personally i'm loving the new handling but now have an issue with these peeled scratches.
Does anyone know how to rub down/sand? these smooth again?

P.s do you get Perf.blue touch up paint?

Cheers

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
QUOTE(trueblue08 @ 9 Feb 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all just a little warning when lowering your ST.....Tell the wife!!

On cleaning my pride and joy i've just found some serious lower front bumper scratches and some lovely new wheel damage...ahhhhh! Also she now is close to not wanting to drive it due to ":censored: harsh ride" apparently. Personally i'm loving the new handling but now have an issue with these peeled scratches.

Cheers

Yes you can get a touch up kit paint and lacquer, try Pumabuild or your dealer. If its too bad best get chips away etc to repair it.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(stingy @ 9 Feb 2010, 11:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>seen pb touch up on ebay mate, not sure on the match of it though.
was lookin to get eibachs myself, but the roads near me are

do they make it much firmer? cheers.

Not really mate you just seem to feel it when you hit pot holes etc. Still well worth it though...

Cheers will try ebay

·
Registered
592 Posts
[quote name='trueblue08' date='9 Feb 2010, 11:35 PM' post='658558']

On cleaning my pride and joy i've just found some serious lower front bumper scratches and some lovely new wheel damage...ahhhhh! Also she now is close to not wanting to drive it due to "
harsh ride" apparently. Personally i'm loving the new handling but now have an issue with these peeled scratches.

Hi mate best to use body shop supplier who can mix some up for you. Email me to let me know the areas and I can tell you where to go to get it mixed. Some places can actualy put in a spray can. You will also need clearcoat. I just had the alignment done and you might want to do this as it helps the feel of the car . This might help your wife a little . Cost £50

Regards Chris

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
QUOTE(trueblue08 @ 9 Feb 2010, 11:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all just a little warning when lowering your ST.....Tell the wife!!

Cheers

i got a touch up kit from here http://www.paints4u.com/ £13.98, i've tried it on a spare pannel first and the PB was a perfect match. Theres also a PDF with instructions on how to repair 8)

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
wife knows she bought them for the mistress as she puts it and i'm the one that gets shouted at to avoid the potholes and bumps in the road

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just buy the touch up paint from your ford dealer, £12 I think I got mine ages ago so can't remember. And the match is pretty good I can't tell the difference.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[quote name='cre0108' date='10 Feb 2010, 08:54 AM' post='658611']
[quote name='trueblue08' date='9 Feb 2010, 11:35 PM' post='658558']

Hi mate best to use body shop supplier who can mix some up for you. Email me to let me know the areas and I can tell you where to go to get it mixed. Some places can actualy put in a spray can. You will also need clearcoat. I just had the alignment done and you might want to do this as it helps the feel of the car . This might help your wife a little . Cost £50

Regards Chris
[/quoteCheers mate sound like a plan as should defo get good match this way will PM you with my email

Thanks again]

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(MCST @ 10 Feb 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just buy the touch up paint from your ford dealer, £12 I think I got mine ages ago so can't remember. And the match is pretty good I can't tell the difference.

i just got some perf blue from ford, 2 spray cans, 1 paint 1 lacquer £15 for both

1 - 12 of 12 Posts