Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since Ford sell the Eibach sport spring for the focus ST, do you have to declare these to your insurance?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
My insurance wanted to know about modifications in three catagories, Power, Handling, Cosmetic (exterior)

So on this basic... Yes

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Yes, always declare any mod.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 17 Feb 2010, 07:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Since Ford sell the Eibach sport spring for the focus ST, do you have to declare these to your insurance?

Technically as it does improve the handling of the car you should declare it. However just to throw a spanner in the works, does the Ford accessory catalogue actually say it improves the handling (in those words) or the "performance"? as it is an accessory, do you tell your insurance if you have fitted the optional roof rack or the kids sun visor? If the eibachs are only listed as a cosmetic improvement ie: impove the "look" of the car. you could argue that a roof rack or a bike carrier does the same?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm with admiral and they wanted to add £43 for the remaining 8 months for Eibachs and cat-back exhaust. I explained that both were to enhance appearance and the exhaust doesn't add power and that they both come from ford ie approved and an optional extra. They said that if its not how it came from the factory it needs to be declared, however for that price it includes any lowering springs up to 5cm and any exhaust up to and including manifold (or in this case turbo) not just the cat-back i asked for.

don't know if i'm gonna bother

·
Vendor
709 Posts
QUOTE(rich83 @ 19 Feb 2010, 04:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm with admiral and they wanted to add £43 for the remaining 8 months for Eibachs and cat-back exhaust. I explained that both were to enhance appearance and the exhaust doesn't add power and that they both come from ford ie approved and an optional extra. They said that if its not how it came from the factory it needs to be declared, however for that price it includes any lowering springs up to 5cm and any exhaust up to and including manifold (or in this case turbo) not just the cat-back i asked for.

don't know if i'm gonna bother

Sounds a very high charge for that.

·
Registered
552 Posts
admiral are rip off merchants.

when I quoted with them.. they tried to push up the premium, because the ST had sideskirts and a rear spoiler, and 18" alloy wheels, their excuse was they arent standard on a base model focus and was therefore classed as extra trim and by the time id declared the optional dvd satnav.. my quote went up by £800

1 - 9 of 9 Posts