Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Ok so i just popped in to my local garage to get a price on the 'eibachs' and sorting the 'alignment',

Is it true that the ST runs 'negative camber' as standard and the 'eibachs' just make it worse? Also when i have ppl in the back will it cause the back wheels to rub, or when going over speed bumps?

Alignment cost is £50
Eibach cost, not sure as of yet.

Cheers, Mat.

Fitting of Eibach's £120 is this about right?

·
Registered
148 Posts
QUOTE(STIOM @ 8 Feb 2010, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok so i just popped in to my local garage to get a price on the 'eibachs' and sorting the 'alignment',

Is it true that the ST runs 'negative camber' as standard and the 'eibachs' just make it worse? Also when i have ppl in the back will it cause the back wheels to rub, or when going over speed bumps?

Alignment cost is £50
Eibach cost, not sure as of yet.

Cheers, Mat.

you've got me worried now, my ST gets its Mountune and Eibachs fitted on Wed, although I have indicated to Ocean that I would really like the alignment checking properly.

My biggest worry in all honesty is the good ol' 20 zone speed bumps with it being set lower. The one toward Anagh Coar I'm sure is going to mean the end to my front splitter at some point.... watch this space I suppose.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Not sure about the alignment but fitted eibachs at the weekend, i have loads of speed bumps around here and the car does not scrape at all, also have had 5 big guys in the car and the car does not rub at the rear.

Remember your only lowering the car an inch at most so its not really that much lower than standard.

·
Registered
269 Posts
QUOTE(krisl @ 8 Feb 2010, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you've got me worried now, my ST gets its Mountune and Eibachs fitted on Wed, although I have indicated to Ocean that I would really like the alignment checking properly.

My biggest worry in all honesty is the good ol' 20 zone speed bumps with it being set lower. The one toward Anagh Coar I'm sure is going to mean the end to my front splitter at some point.... watch this space I suppose.

The mountune kit i got was ocean ford but im taking it to Tony 'formula fast fit' for the eibachs and alignment. To be honest the guys on here know what there on about more than anyone. Thousands have the eibachs so ill defo be doing it! As for that crazy speed bump at anagh coar good luck! I struggle in the transit over that one

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have had the Eibachs fitted for over 12 months now and Ive never had a problem on any speed humps here in the Isle of Man just be carefull when you drive on and off the SPCo boats thats all.

Alan

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
QUOTE(goonturbo @ 8 Feb 2010, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not sure about the alignment but fitted eibachs at the weekend, i have loads of speed bumps around here and the car does not scrape at all, also have had 5 big guys in the car and the car does not rub at the rear.

Remember your only lowering the car an inch at most so its not really that much lower than standard.

I think that depends where you live - they've just fitted 20 or so speed bumps on a main road I used to use but I have to avoid it now as the ST lower valance scrapes on EVERY single bump if I try to drive over them so they go under the middle of the car (they are the speed bumps where they have three going across the road).

The only alternative is to drive over them with one wheel at 2mph but as there is at least 20 and over a 2 mile stretch it takes me hours so I avoid it now

Most of the speed bumps round near me will scrape the lower bumper/valance and it's quite a mess now.

Also avoid low curbs etc.

Other than that they are great though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.