Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello looking at lowering the st i have read a post somewhere sayin that you can buy the eibachs from ford .Has anybody got the finis code for them so can phone and find out a price.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 11 Feb 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello looking at lowering the st i have read a post somewhere sayin that you can buy the eibachs from ford .Has anybody got the finis code for them so can phone and find out a price.

u can get them fitted m8 at pumabuild for 200 fitted..... ford are expensive....

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
if your a ford employee there £85:00 to buy with discount ,thats how i got mine and fitted myself .
ive heard some dealers are asking silly money to fit these so shop around .
ps as your from birmingham area why not try pumaspeed or is it pumabuild up that way ,not sure as always get the two confused.

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 11 Feb 2010, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello looking at lowering the st i have read a post somewhere sayin that you can buy the eibachs from ford .Has anybody got the finis code for them so can phone and find out a price.

PARTS CLICKY

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info and the number i work for land rover so i get a discount will phone in morning and find the price to me.I will fit them my self as done lots of different car s and have read the guide.One confusing thing is in the guide it says you dont need to use spring compressors how come as normally you have to compress spring before removing top nut?

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Phoned ford and with land rover discount the eibachs will cost me £95.Can somebody confirm i read the guide and says dont need to use spring compressors on from before removing nut ???

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 12 Feb 2010, 02:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Phoned ford and with land rover discount the eibachs will cost me £95.Can somebody confirm i read the guide and says dont need to use spring compressors on from before removing nut ???

hi m8 when i had mine fitted they did use a spring compressor on the front but i dont remember seeing them use 1 on the back....

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Done few different cars in my time you will not need on the rear but in the guide it says not needed for the front which is confusing

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 12 Feb 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Done few different cars in my time you will not need on the rear but in the guide it says not needed for the front which is confusing

You do not need them for the rears,
The front can be done without them, its just there may be a bit of compression still on the spring when you release the nut so its go carefully with your face out the way! the new ones are shorter and go on without compressing. If you are worried you can hire spring compressors at a local tool hire centre for the front

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 11 Feb 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if your a ford employee there £85:00 to buy with discount ,thats how i got mine and fitted myself .
ive heard some dealers are asking silly money to fit these so shop around .
ps as your from birmingham area why not try pumaspeed or is it pumabuild up that way ,not sure as always get the two confused.

£85 ! i work for ford and the best price i can get it for is £106.31 inc vat

·
Registered
4,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers steve.Has anybody got before and after pics had a look last night but could only see after shorts thanks for all the info and help

·
Registered
209 Posts
QUOTE(adrian2006uk @ 12 Feb 2010, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers steve.Has anybody got before and after pics had a look last night but could only see after shorts thanks for all the info and help

I work for Land Rover too, Got mine from Bristol St Garrets Green, Was just under £90, Happy days, Just need to take in company ID and your vehicles log book,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts