Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if i should get a set (eibach for example) or make them myself. Would anyone happen to know if there is anything special with them in particular or if its simply the name that is reason behind the price?

Would anyone have one spare/drawing and dimensions of a spacer if making them is a better solution. I have access to water cutting and a Bridgeport so making them to tolerance wouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Can you even fit spacers in an ST250?

They have a wider track standard than ST225. I wouldn't fit bolt on wheel spacers, just use slightly different offset wheels or you can get away with thin spacers that just go in-between the rim and flange too. I have 3mm spacers on my ST225 fronts but will remove them once I fit the ST250 front suspension, but I have seen that even the ST250 wheel studs are longer than ST225.

For the rear, maybe MK2 RS hub spacers may fit? The rear end is very similar. I adapted my ST225 trailing arms to fit RS bearing hubs and brakes and got widetrack from it but still looking at getting ST250 rear end for a stock wide track that will pass engineers certificate later. Will just make sure RS brakes still fit. If it's too narrow still, I have the RS hub spacers in the garage. They're about 9mm thick and go in between the hub frame and suspension arm, so push out the whole hub assembly without affecting suspension or altering bearing loading. I do think that's better than different offset wheels or spacers because they increase leverage loading on the bearings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.