Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just tried fitting it!
that, got all the screws out piece of
apart from bottom right. i was using a 1/4 drive ratchet with the 20 torx in the end and was doing realy well, now it looks like i have been juggling with razor blades
. will give it to my mechanic when it goes for a service in july and let him fit it
managed to fit the K&N though

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 7 Feb 2010, 10:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just tried fitting it!
that, got all the screws out piece of
apart from bottom right. i was using a 1/4 drive ratchet with the 20 torx in the end and was doing realy well, now it looks like i have been juggling with razor blades
. will give it to my mechanic when it goes for a service in july and let him fit it
managed to fit the K&N though

i had one fitted to mine mate and they do make a good diference. its always the bottom right screw thats the
. i took it out first, but my hands looked like they,d been playing with a cheese grater!

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
I did mine last year, and the scars have still not healed... think I might need a skin draft

Wait until you try putting the bottom right screw back in...
I ended up leaving mine off. Having a Cais fitted next Friday, so it'll be coming out again. This time I've got a local garage to do it

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
You lot must have a screw loose

It was bad enough getting the ecu off so the airbox could come out for my induction kit! Never mind putting a spacer in so there's even less space!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Fitted mine a week ago not toooo bad ! Certainly makes a difference smoother and more responsive ! They should be fitted under a recall notice !!!

Performance mods usually cost an arm and a leg so a bit of skin and £20 spacer off e-bay a small price to pay !!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.