Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi was wondering what the ecu spacer does for the st how does it do it etc are there any pics of the fitting process

·
Registered
359 Posts
it removes the built in air restriction in the filter housing allowing the car to breathe more freely thus slightly improving throttle response.

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
The ecu does not just fastern to the air box, it actually goes inside the air box (there is a hole it fits through) this therefore can interfere with the airflow into the engine, the spacer pulls the airfilter out of the airflow thus improving the airflow into the engine etc and reducing the restriction.

It is a good cheap mod.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Dennis @ 16 Feb 2010, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The ecu does not just fastern to the air box, it actually goes inside the air box (there is a hole it fits through) this therefore can interfere with the airflow into the engine, the spacer pulls the airfilter out of the airflow thus improving the airflow into the engine etc and reducing the restriction.

It is a good cheap mod.

+1. its a good wee mod.

·
Registered
327 Posts
QUOTE(BenGy-ST @ 17 Feb 2010, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>where do u get one from? cheers lads

pm jabbos he sells them £30 that includes postage cost, while you are at it upgrade
your panel air filter to a k&n mate

·
Registered
734 Posts
Its a great little mod, especially if you want the engine bay to look almost bog standard! Its not going to give the performance as a Cais, but for bang for bucks its spot on! When i had my fitted i did notice the difference in the car's throttle response straight away, much improved!

·
Registered
886 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 17 Feb 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>pm jabbos he sells them £30 that includes postage cost, while you are at it upgrade
your panel air filter to a k&n mate

Cheers mate will pm him and ask!! yeah will do, have got my car booked in for the mountune kit next month

1 - 10 of 10 Posts