Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Ecu Bugs?

285 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  choccymonster 
The "issues" you have been reading about may have something to do with newer releases of software (i.e. 7BUG) becoming available, and Ford dealers attemting to update cars that are mapped (either with DS, C:R, Bluefin etc etc).

If an attempt to update the car is made while the map is still on the car, problems car occur (namely the DS handset losing a life/needing to be reset, and the dealer realising the car has been mapped which in turn puts any warranty you have at risk).

Given that a Ford dealer will routinely connect your car to the IDS system (the Ford "central computer"), you may not get a say in whether an update is performed or not.

Golden rule --> If you map your car with one of the popular handsets, take the map off (i.e. return to stock) before dropping your car off at any Ford dealer. Exception to this would be dealers like Tarnock Garage that are forum sponsors and are familiar with the mapping products available. Even then, I would still be explicitly stating the car is mapped, so please DO NOT update it via the IDS without removing the map first!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.