Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dunno if anyone can help me here.

I recently brought a pair of facelift rear lights for the focus. When I received them it turned out to be the prefacelift and they were damaged. The seller wouldn't refund me so I logged a claim dispute on paypal.

I sent the lights back to him on paypals request via TNT on Thursday and they've tried to deliver on Friday and yesterday but he won't answer the door, cards have been pushed through his letterbox. If he won't answer again the lights get returned to me! I have told him each time what days they'll deliver.

What happens on paypal if he won't answer, do I loose my £60 because the :censored: won't answer?!

Anyone had experiences like this?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
not realy had this but surely if you can prove you returned or tryd to return the items to him and he now wont answer to sign for them then pay pal will pay you out as i cant see what more you can do to get him to answer the door .
could ask the couriers to give you some kind of proof that they tryd to return the items ,id also be after the costs to return them to him even if he wont answer the door ,quite sure pay pal will sort this for you ,have you asked them what the situation is now?
can be very frustrateing waiting for them to answer your questions tho cant it .

·
Registered
79 Posts
PayPal disputes are biased towards the buyer in my experience. I believe, if things aren't resolved suitably that they may just refund you anyway.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
As above the seller will always get screwed by Paypal. In this case rightly so, but in my experience if something is posted to you on normal post i.e not recorded then ebay & paypal just refund the money to you if you "ask" for it under a "not delivered" excuse!

I have stopped selling anything on ebay because so many people are seeing that it can be "played". eBay has to change soon or it will implode with all the fraud that occurs.

Basically you should have no problem getting the money back whether he answers or not, in fact I reckon, if you never even attempted to return them you'd still win the Paypal dispute.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Open up a paypal dispute. If you then increase it to a claim. They will freeze his paypal account. I know this from various
that have tried claim i never posted a item. Only thing is they were not bright enough to spot i posted it recorded delivery and they had signed for it

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers guys

I've opened a dispute about a week ago and escelated it, as I said above paypal told me to send the goods back to him but he never answers the door to the TNT driver, driver also puts cards through the letterbox but the guy says he hasn't received them either!

TNT is trying to phone him, I've also given him the tel no so he can ring up and re arrange, but he can't be bothered and says for me to do it, but I can't it's in his hands now! He's gonna have the worst feedback ever, so much I think eBay might have to remove it for being censored lol

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok a little update.

Paypal has just refused the claim because the seller sent the lights as normal delivery. So they saying that I never received the lights!

So much for paypal buyer protection, a massive loop hole there

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Ok a little update.

Paypal has just refused the claim because the seller sent the lights as normal delivery. So they saying that I never received the lights!

So much for paypal buyer protection, a massive loop hole there
So if they say that you never recieved the lights what are you not getting your money back for non-receipt of goods??

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
what Dave said! ^ ^ ^ surely if they say you never recieved the goods you should get your money back???

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Thats an error from paypals end, they are supposed to refund.

Log on, and get their phone number, you can call customer services.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Ok

I've phoned paypal, and they said "the info on the website is incorrect'

They declined the claim because the TNT tracking system only says info not available and collection date. Thats because they cant deliver to the other guy because he wont answer the door. I've faxed documents from TNT showing "Not Home" at times logged last week and they didnt think that was proof.

So they've appealed my claim today and I've given them a telephone number to ring TNT and ext no so they can hear from them direct. I've rang TNT earlier too, and the parcel is it's way back to me as they've tried for 2 weeks to deliver it.

Hope they ring!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts