Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody else got the dvd sat nav option? if so i've got a question,
i've had my st for a month now and it's
awesome,there's only 1 thing that annoys me about it.when i start it up the sat nav makes ticking noises like the unit is trying to find a disc,sometimes it stops within 10 seconds,other times it can go on for a couple of minutes.it does it if there is a disc in it or not.
anybody else have the same problem?can't make my mind up if i should take it back under warranty or not,maybe i'm just being fussy.

opinions please.
ian

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
you are being fussy

Its possible that the disk is scratched, so it would be retrying reads more often then usual. What you actually hear is frantic head movement on the device. Take the disc out to clean or make a copy, which could be working little better.

·
Registered
694 Posts
it's probly the DVD drive which is located behind the volume control button that u can hear being accessed. This is perfectly normal. That could be why u can hear it wether u have a disc in the unit or not. The DVD sat nav disc is left in the unit all the time so unless scratched when first installed there shouldn't be a problem with it

hope this helps

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,494 Posts
If you are not happt with it take it to the dealer to see what he says even for peace of mind,thats what the warranty is for

1 - 4 of 4 Posts