Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.

First proper post so sorry if mess it up
. I have owned my st for 4 months. Engine wise everything is standard except for a dv which the previous owner fitted. I was wondering if this is doing my car any harm? I have read that it can cause my engine to run rich and make my car slower than it should be
. I thought about removing it as I would prefer more mpg and speed but I am missing the original pieces and am not to sure what and where to get replacement. Any info much appreciated everyone

regards neil

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Nope it should not be causing any harm, and the thing about the mpg etc is just nonsense. If you like the noise then keep it but if you are wanting to go back to standard then we need to know what dump valve you got then may have some idea of what parts have been changed or altered.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 13 Dec 2009, 04:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nope it should not be causing any harm, and the thing about the mpg etc is just nonsense. If you like the noise then keep it but if you are wanting to go back to standard then we need to know what dump valve you got then may have some idea of what parts have been changed or altered.

Im not sure which make it is as there is no marking on it. I reckon could be cheap ebay job. But I found a fitting guide online and can see that a t piece etc has been installed and the symposser box has been removed. Would like to put it back to standard to hear how she should sound. thanks for the reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts