Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
hi there I'm after some advice please

Ive had my Baileys dv25 dump valve delivered to me and I'm planning to fit it over the weekend. i had a look under the bonnet and after reading the Baileys instructions I'm sad to say i am still abit unsure on a part of it

when replacing the OE hose with the samco hose does that boxy looking thing to the left of the picture stay were it is or has it got to be removed?
i only ask as when looking there its seems a bit tight for the samco hose to pop threw the middle of it.. is it a tight squeeze?

many thanks Nathan

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Yes mate it stays there, the samco just fits through, i uncliped the boxy bit (symposser) to give me a bit more room when fitting the DV then clipped it back on when finished.

Hope you have small hands..

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Carsey @ 17 Nov 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes mate it stays there, the samco just fits through, i uncliped the boxy bit (symposser) to give me a bit more room when fitting the DV then clipped it back on when finished.

Hope you have small hands..

thats great cheers mate. will have a go over the weekend. and nar not got small hands so i guess a lot of cuts and swearing then lol
any more advice when fitting mate

thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
just done mine today ,took headlight out to allow better access but still a fidly job to do and as for the ford clips on the hoses well you even strugle to get the pliers/grips on them .
i took the symphoser out attached the end of the fitting kit and done the jubilee clip up before putting the unit back in then as units going in you can guide the other end in as you go .
worst bit was takeing the old pipe off ,ripped my hands a fair bit i can tel you !!
if you get stuck fitting yours then PM me and il show you how to do it if your local to myself mate .

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 17 Nov 2009, 05:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just done mine today ,took headlight out to allow better access but still a fidly job to do and as for the ford clips on the hoses well you even strugle to get the pliers/grips on them .
i took the symphoser out attached the end of the fitting kit and done the jubilee clip up before putting the unit back in then as units going in you can guide the other end in as you go .
worst bit was takeing the old pipe off ,ripped my hands a fair bit i can tel you !!
if you get stuck fitting yours then PM me and il show you how to do it if your local to myself mate .

thats great advice mate cheers and yer will pm you if i get stuck... were abouts in essex you from?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
ah just up the road ,used to use fatboys raceing for my crosser parts ,are they still there ??
as said if you get stuck give us a shout ,its not hard to fit just
fidly realy ,mines sounding rather nice defo not a sneeze as some have suggested on the site ,seems to of given me moor bangs in the exhaust aswell which is an aded bonus in my opinion ,not sure the old guy in the high street today would agree though !!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 17 Nov 2009, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ah just up the road ,used to use fatboys raceing for my crosser parts ,are they still there ??
as said if you get stuck give us a shout ,its not hard to fit just
fidly realy ,mines sounding rather nice defo not a sneeze as some have suggested on the site ,seems to of given me moor bangs in the exhaust aswell which is an aded bonus in my opinion ,not sure the old guy in the high street today would agree though !!

nar fatboys has closed down no mate been closed for a some months.
yer will do thanks again hopefully should be ok. looking forward to hearing the noise ive always wanted one ..sure ill get fed up with it in no time thou lol.
what exhaust you got and other mods?

·
Registered
130 Posts
QUOTE(nk03nat @ 17 Nov 2009, 06:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nar fatboys has closed down no mate been closed for a some months.
yer will do thanks again hopefully should be ok. looking forward to hearing the noise ive always wanted one ..sure ill get fed up with it in no time thou lol.
what exhaust you got and other mods?

hi guys iam just about to fit one as well can some one put a arrow on which bit in the photo is the symposser

cheers kevin

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
full miltec system including sports cat and down pipe ,rad tec intercooler,k&n cais,dreamscience mod c,eibachs,whiteline front /rear anti roll bars,vibretechnics uprated gearbox mount,colour coded front/rear fog surrounds,clim air wind deflectors ,dump valve ,wolf rear spoiler,gold brake callipers,eibach spacers ,"waiting to fit" front vynil lip and loads of other bits ive forgoten to mention !! how about yourself what you running matey ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 17 Nov 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>full miltec system including sports cat and down pipe ,rad tec intercooler,k&n cais,dreamscience mod c,eibachs,whiteline front /rear anti roll bars,vibretechnics uprated gearbox mount,colour coded front/rear fog surrounds,clim air wind deflectors ,dump valve ,wolf rear spoiler,eibach spacers "waiting to fit" front vynil lip and loads of other bits ive forgoten to mention !! how about yourself what you running matey ?

eh whats that got to do with dump valve fitting

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 17 Nov 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>full miltec system including sports cat and down pipe ,rad tec intercooler,k&n cais,dreamscience mod c,eibachs,whiteline front /rear anti roll bars,vibretechnics uprated gearbox mount,colour coded front/rear fog surrounds,clim air wind deflectors ,dump valve ,wolf rear spoiler,eibach spacers "waiting to fit" front vynil lip and loads of other bits ive forgoten to mention !! how about yourself what you running matey ?

very nice mate. ive not done anything to the car yet, waiting to save thou

hows the dreamscience? 1st thinng on my list and hopefully be soon. whats the drive like?
and where you getting the vynil lip done?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
sorry mate ,vynil lip already doine just got to fit the eibach spacers ,done lip myself ,just got a bit of vynil from local source and put it on, again a bit of a fidely job but worth doing in my opinion .
as for dreamscience etc etc it transforms the car and the other mods just add a little bit moor to the car being a better all round pakage.
im sure when you do mapp yours youl enjoy it even moor !!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

i tried fitting the DV today as i finished work early. and what whappend?.... DISASTER!!

I got the front light of easy and then the rest was a pig

i struggled to get the spring clip`s off then get the hose and symphoser out. once i managed this the swearing started. i couldn't get the samco hose in the other end (ie not the symphoser end) and the bit that goes straight up kept hitting the air con pipes so it wasn't sitting right .

so i tried to fit it to the symphoser first them put it threw the gap and connect the other end..mmm NO WAY WAS THAT GOING IN THE GAP..

so as it started to get a bit dark i decided to put the OE parts back in and do it when i have a full day of light to try. and that was a pain in The ass and to top it off i manage to drop a spring clip down in the engine somewhere. after an hour searching with the spot light me and my dad manage to find it thankfully.
so now its all back to normal with no problems as such.

just really deciding now weather i should try again to fit it

can any one help

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I had a go and never got as far as you before giving up
I just took it to a garage (pumabuild) to get it fitted, so much easier

1 - 20 of 29 Posts