Ford Focus ST Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i've just bought a second hand dump valve from one of the other members but there is no fitting instructions with it. I have spent the last hour or so searching the forum for a fitting guide but cant find one. Does anyone know where i can find a guide? Pease help

·
Registered
472 Posts
i am staying in stoke on trent at the moment i could come round and help you if you like as i fitted mine myself i willl let you do all the work lol just guide you on the way lol

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
hi mate.
Follow the pipe from the bulkhead over the cam cover at the left hand side of the engine.
at the end of this pipe there is the symposer (just behind the drivers side headlight)
remove the said pipe (tube) and symposer and fit the dumpvalve to the pipe that connects to the symposer.
The vacum pipe on the top of the D/v connects just under the timing belt cover to another vacum hose using a T-piece.
Hope this helps fella and don't forget your hat!

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi mate.
Follow the pipe from the bulkhead over the cam cover at the left hand side of the engine.
at the end of this pipe there is the symposer (just behind the drivers side headlight)
remove the said pipe (tube) and symposer and fit the dumpvalve to the pipe that connects to the symposer.
The vacum pipe on the top of the D/v connects just under the timing belt cover to another vacum hose using a T-piece.
Hope this helps fella and don't forget your hat!
Alright, I’ve just taken a D/V off mine but the pipe you were on about that goes over the top of the engine isn’t connected to anything at the back. I was wondering if you knew what it’s meant to be connected to. I can’t see anything that hasn’t already got a pipe connected to it

·
Registered
CP320
1,696 Posts
This thread is over 12 years old so unlikely to get a response.

Like I said in the other posts, it needs to be connected to the recirc valve. When you took the dump valve off did you notice any type of joiner (straight or T piece) in the existing hose? That might give you a clue what type of bodge the previous owner did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.