Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just fitted a bailey dump valve and fitting kit, what a nightmare the silicone pipe is to get on even with the headlight removed.
I have managed to fit it but it is squeezd in very tight and i could not get the noise generator back in place unless i left the mounting bracket for it off, so it is now secured with cable ties wich look a bit naff.
Just wondered if anyone else has had any trouble and could help me out?
Thanks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
i had same prob mate but what i did was just put everythin on then lift up and pushin the rubber thing for that cab noise pipe.
couldn`t get it to sit proper but its as good as it`s going to get.
dose you fitting kit seem to sit on the alternator and against that throttle thing?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Just fitted Matt Long's today with the same findings!!!

quality fitting kit..... should have bought a std samco elbow and done away with the symposer. We blanked the pipe off and put it in the boot !!!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(mattylst @ 13 Feb 2010, 06:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i had same prob mate but what i did was just put everythin on then lift up and pushin the rubber thing for that cab noise pipe.
couldn`t get it to sit proper but its as good as it`s going to get.
dose you fitting kit seem to sit on the alternator and against that throttle thing?

Yes m8 sits on the alternator and the pipe is squeezed between the symposer and throttle body, i just made sure the symposer is cable tied up and not rubbing any pipes.
How may revs b4 you hear yours blow off mine is quite high at between 3500-4000?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Its not so much the revs mate.. its just if its boosting or not.. can be at low revs in a high gear with your foot down.. Lift and it will dump because its on boost.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(bing_17 @ 13 Feb 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Its not so much the revs mate.. its just if its boosting or not.. can be at low revs in a high gear with your foot down.. Lift and it will dump because its on boost.

Thanks m8 so it is running as it should then, but that fitting kit is naff!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yep sure is.. u an get high revs if you use the throttle lightly as the turbo wont boost.. therefore no dump
Go by the boost gauge son
lol

And yep I agree the fitting is
lol.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(bing_17 @ 13 Feb 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yep sure is.. u an get high revs if you use the throttle lightly as the turbo wont boost.. therefore no dump
Go by the boost gauge son
lol

And yep I agree the fitting is
lol.

So did you get yours secured correctly or not m8?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
To get the rubber mounting back into the bracket.. the bracket had to have a bit of fettling (bent it) lol to get the rubber in... Its still not in all the way but never come out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts