Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having problems with the dual zone climate system in my ST2....
It just doesn't seem to want work very hard - i'm sure it used to work alot harder. Basically it doesn't seem to matter which temp is selected the system doesn't try to get there and just emits a slight puff of air!

The whole point in this system is surely to set at a desired temperature and for it to decide on how best to get there through selecting the optimum fan speed and zone outlet, depending on current engine temp...? I can hear the fan blowing but its as if the air is going elsewhere due to a leak in the system somewhere...

I'm having to use the system as if it were the manual setup by selecting High and cranking the fans up rather than allowing it run on Auto. My daily commute is an hour each way and hence the engine is getting plenty warm enough.

Last week the car had its 50k service, an MOT and this issue was also investigated. The garage replaced the main control panel in the dash under warranty (£314) but the system seems no better and the garage are saying that its working similar to another CMAX they have there with the same sytem. - Hence they can do no more..!!

Has anyone else with the dual zone climate control experienced similar issues in the past, this is really starting to annoy me...?

Cheers

Greg

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
I haven't had a problem wiht our lasses but on auto it tends not to blow through the main vents but via the screen or floor vents, this may be what you are experiencing.

Remember if there is a leak it would be still there if you use it in manual mode

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Dennis @ 1 Feb 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I haven't had a problem wiht our lasses but on auto it tends not to blow through the main vents but via the screen or floor vents, this may be what you are experiencing.

Remember if there is a leak it would be still there if you use it in manual mode

Yeah, i understand that when trying to heat the car the system directs most air out the lower footwell vents, but mine just never ramps up - as if its not even trying to meet the temperature selected...

Can you hear/feel the fan speed differ when selecting different temps in yours when on auto..?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.