Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,558 Posts
So is the map still on there remember your posts from a while back where a few suggested asking Ford if they updated the pcm but you didn’t reply

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,558 Posts
Sorry pal, I hadn't replied. I wasn't awaiting for Ford to confirm what they were actually replacing (all under warranty), it was the BCM not PCM as initially thought, that they had replaced. So I don't know if there is issue with the map in regards to above or whether the above codes and issues are separate from the stage 1 mapping itself. I've had map on there since September and it completely transformed the car but now it just feels sluggish and stuttery when accelerating up to 3/3.5 revs even in low gears at which point esp/tc light flashes and revs slowly climbing, that's it's hard to get any where past 5 in an gear.

As it stands, today, in fact I got a reply from Ford after sending them an email last week to confirm whether the ECU software was updated or not as when replacing the BCM to determine whether this would have removed the map before booking in with the tuner to check and reapply the map. They had confirmed it was programmed in but not updated.

"from the info I have we only coded the module to the car, so a full update shouldn’t have been carried out so shouldn’t have affected the map.

We have has a couple of vehicles that have been mapped that have developed issues with the mapping but that was due to the original mapping that was carried out on the car. We don’t have the mapping software which is a shame, so we can’t do anything to fix the original maps applied by other companies, but I think the chap that replied to you may have carried this out so should be able to help there.

Hope that helps, I will be back in the office next week so can always do bit more investigating then, maps are a little outside by expertise I’m afraid."

Are codes systematic of their being issue with sensors or performance issues I've alluded to above? I've cleared the codes for now and will drive it tomorrow with my OBD reader plugged in and connected and see if codes return. Any ideas at what it may be at this stage?
they must have done something to know it was remapped.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts