Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just ordered the induction kit looking forward to this, how long should it take a garage roughly to do as well as changing intercooler. got TOTD round corner but wondering if its worth the hassle or get them to do it?

adam

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Depends on the intercooler, I fitted my airtec gen 3 and its so easy! Took about an hour and most of that was getting the undertray off/on (not difficult, just a fair few fixings!) I've heard that the DSCI induction takes blood sweat and skin! But I'd have a go. Fitted my cais in about three hours.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers its trying to find the time to do it between work as i work shifts so its dar when im not at work, might ring TOTD up see what they say

cheers for help.

adam

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Took me about two and a half hours of careful work to fit the DS induction kit.

Although I am a bit of a fuss-pot, and wanted it "just right".

Pumabuild fitted my Radtec intercooler in about 20 minutes - but then, they DID have a ramp!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the dsci really isnt that bad to fit. i dont see what people are on about when they say its a nightmare to fit. its not just a bolt of and on job and you have to fiddle moving the ecu ect.
i enjoy doing things to my car so its not a problem. i fitted my dsci in and hour and half and that was wile talking to my mate most the time...

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Took me and my brother about 2 and a half hours in the dark and the rain. I tightened it up the next morning and it's a lot easier when you're not relying on a torch

·
Registered
495 Posts
Got torque of the devil to fit this with the airtec intercooler took them about 2 hours, while there decided to get it rolling roaded.......................................................
Car made 282BHP and 369 Torque was happy with the result, thats with the above mods and the DSCI map only.

and videos on youtube

starting on the Rollers

2nd run

3rd run

Final Run and BHP

On way home

Still on way home

enjoy

adam

·
Registered
359 Posts
QUOTE(streetsleeper @ 2 Feb 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Got torque of the devil to fit this with the airtec intercooler took them about 2 hours, while there decided to get it rolling roaded.......................................................
Car made 282BHP and 369 Torque was happy with the result, thats with the above mods and the DSCI map only.

and videos on youtube

starting on the Rollers

2nd run

3rd run

Final Run and BHP

On way home

Still on way home

enjoy

adam

sounds good mate what exhaust you got on yer

·
Registered
29 Posts
I had my dsci induction kit fitted at my mates garage and i can confirm that it cost the guy who did it blood sweat and skin as he didnt shut up about for ages, honestly you would think he had lost a limb (only joking, just in case he sees this)

As it was getting late they did not remove the shield next to the intercooler to allow for the extra air flow. I have since had a go and cant for the life of me see what i am supposed to be removing or how to remove it.

Does anyone have any advice or even experience with and without the shield, does it make any difference.

Cheers.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol its brillaint apart from a slight rattle noise so think i need to tighten up something but not sure what?

adam

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 2 Feb 2010, 06:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>now that does sound very nice indeed !!
been toying with the idea of getting rid of the K&N and getting dreamscience cais ,hhhmmm how to do it without other half finding out
!!!

You won't regret it if do it

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(ultrahamster @ 2 Feb 2010, 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Does anyone have any advice or even experience with and without the shield, does it make any difference.

Cheers.

If you remove it you will run the risk of the undertray coming off at high speed! A better way to increase airflow is to take the foglight unit out on that side! Its only really worthwhile though if you are on track and its dry and hot!

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Sounds amazing
and its next on my list the dsci induction. Have you noticed much of a difference performance wise since having the i/c and induction kit fitted?

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(streetsleeper @ 2 Feb 2010, 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>lol its brillaint apart from a slight rattle noise so think i need to tighten up something but not sure what?

adam

its probably rubbing on the strut brace mate. most people just wrap the brace with a piece of foam. hope ths helps.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ahh il tray the foam idea cheers it's a loud knock on Start up then stops after a while of driving?

As for notiong a difference truth be told not really lots more bangs on gear change and the noise but power wise no seems to rev easier but not a massive difference not like when you put the map on.

Took girlfriend for a spin tonight she was wondering what all the new noise were, simple normal we have radio on so you don't here it

Adam

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
the foam seems to be working at the moment
is jared aware of this, maybe the should supply some with the kit?

adam

1 - 20 of 22 Posts