Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Might treat myself for christmas..
Not to fussed about warranty so which is best or shall i say whats going to put a smile on my face more
Any opinions more than welcome....

P.S not got any mods at the moment

Cant wait though

Cheers all

·
Registered
249 Posts
well as you have no mods at the moment anything you do is gonna put a smile on ur face, i'd personally get on the dreamscience website and go shopping! See if u can pick up a remap 2nd hand will work out a bit cheaper,that'll leave you more money for dsci induction kit and exhaust etc. you won't be disappointed trust me

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is code red of course but a bit out of my price range..

Code:Red Level 2 Upgrade pack (285 BHP - 460 Nm): £1,700

Code:Red handset & software, induction kit and sports exhaust (includes fitting).

·
Registered
207 Posts
Haven't tried any of the other tuners mate, but I have the dreamscience stage 2 upgrade with Stratagem ultra and Mountune cat back and I am in love
It is fantastic and the different tunes are great, 7 to choose from as you mod more and more.
Happy shopping fella

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello there,
I'm back on the forum for the first time in a long while as I have decided to keep my ST after 4 years. Its a cracking car to drive and would have to spend a fortune to change it for something that would match it.
Question is... how do I change it in a way that will make it feel like a new car.
So the same question as above.
You guys haven't mentiond this at all in your reply to kaijack but I have been thinking of the Mountune upgrade £1200 approx and it upgrades to over 280bhp according to EVO
http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongter...t_mountune.html
and it is obviously an safe upgrade as FORD has certified it.

Whats everyones thoughts??

Cheers

Chris.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
Dont think the Mountune will give much more than 260/265 , so i would say the 284 BHP is a fair bit out

·
Registered
13 Posts
You are probably right SpeedFreek but it is interesting reading.
Im assuming you think i should go Dream Science and intercooler?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I recently went from no mods to K & N panel filter, and dreamscience handset which allows me to tailor the car to what I want, when I want including back to stock. This is a little difficult if you go the Mountune route, although as you'll have read it's a sound method for extra umph.

The beauty of Dreamscience is it's inexpensive and gives several differing levels of performance and delivery as each map has different torque characterisics so it's like jumping in a different car, and a map takes less than 5 mins to change.

Whatever you choose you can't really go wrong because the change from standard will have you intoxicated and seriously grinning form ear to ear

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Trickster
Like I said i'm definetly keeping the car even after the 4 years and 60k miles... so want to make it feel even better for the next 4.
What im thinking is, if im going to keep the ST for some years to come then taking the Mountune may be more reliable for a longer term option rather than the Dreamscience which may be too harsh on the engine/components..... or maybe im just being a bit GAY.

Cheers for the help.

Chris.

·
Registered
651 Posts
QUOTE(Hogger09 @ 26 Nov 2009, 10:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Trickster
Like I said i'm definetly keeping the car even after the 4 years and 60k miles... so want to make it feel even better for the next 4.
What im thinking is, if im going to keep the ST for some years to come then taking the Mountune may be more reliable for a longer term option rather than the Dreamscience which may be too harsh on the engine/components..... or maybe im just being a bit GAY.

Cheers for the help.

Chris.

DS with intercooler and Mountune give similar results wrt power - cannot see either being any harder on the car.

No real need to worry until you are well over 300bhp.

Plenty of long term cars here running DS up to 300bhp reliably.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts