Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking in getting a remap but seeing a lot about these dsci kits which you can buy and fit, anyone able to clear this up for me because I've seen one on classifieds I want to buy. Thanks

·
Registered
5,350 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
You do get the ecu mount with that one on the classifieds though, I'd still rather pay the extra 50 quid and get it new though...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Ah I see! Yeah, the one in the classifieds is £300, you can get a brand new one from DS for £295 at the moment. Like Kenny says though, go for a remap first, pound for pound it'll give you the biggest difference! Not to mention a huuuuuuge grin!

Here's their current offers http://www.dreamscie...offers-2012.php
Working now mate, £375 new ,don't know how they can justify that lol !!!

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Links not working Rob lol ,had a chat about this the other night ,people wanting silly money for second hand DS kits and can buy them new cheaper lol {can make the home made one with an RS Ecu holder for more than half the price } ,bearing in mind £300 second hand then you need the RS ecu holder aswell
I fail
. Should be fixed now though
I know what you mean, some of the second hand prices are......interesting.....
Saying that, I think the DSCI induction kit is over £400 with the RS ecu holder when it's not on offer, so that classified ad is just badly timed
I think the best place for second hand goodies is still ebay, I picked up my K&N system for £40 posted! Then again, you do get some bargains on here, my Piper cat back cost me £120!

·
Registered
843 Posts
I fail
. Should be fixed now though
I know what you mean, some of the second hand prices are......interesting.....
Saying that, I think the DSCI induction kit is over £400 with the RS ecu holder when it's not on offer, so that classified ad is just badly timed
I think the best place for second hand goodies is still ebay, I picked up my K&N system for £40 posted! Then again, you do get some bargains on here, my Piper cat back cost me £120!
That was a result ,think I paid just over £100 for the K&N ,had a few bargains on here aswell mate Pro-Alloy intercooler for about £250 ,over £500 new

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
That was a result ,think I paid just over £100 for the K&N ,had a few bargains on here aswell mate Pro-Alloy intercooler for about £250 ,over £500 new
Yeah you've just got to keep your eyes peeled. I'm willing to sell my soul if someone wants to supply and fit an RS clutch and diff for £100

·
Registered
843 Posts
I don't believe it! Kenny, now I need you to find me someone who is giving away a standard mk1 RS!
. On a side note though, carbonetics clutches are good, I used to have one in one of my SX's. Only trouble with that offer is that it's only for the friction plate
Says the parts are sachs aswell who have been making performance clutches since the beginning of time ,would be worth a shout TBH ...

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Regarding clutches. I've spoken to the guy at carbonetic and he reckons a complete kit with flywheel and pressure plate will be around 700 notes.
They're still yet to develope a pressure plate though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts